Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WOOHOO! MY FIRST 700 EQ!!

tag
rom828
Established Contributor

WOOHOO! MY FIRST 700 EQ!!

Just got SW alert yesterday score was increased to 684 advising new accts not hurting as much.  Got another alert today advising score increase to 692 due to acct change.  The acct referenced was old Providian acct which hit 3+ in November).

I decided to go ahead and order all reports since I'd also just bought a car last month and wanted to see if it was reflected yet and any resulting damage.

Lo and behold my EQ report today shows a score of 700!!!!! Smiley Very Happy Even higher than today's SW alert!  Any my very first EQ score of 700.  I was close at 694 before, but have never crossed that threshhold with EQ!!

TU doesnt yet show the new car loan, so not sure what damage I'll see.  The simulator shows anywhere from -12 to +5, so I'm sure I'll see a reduction from the 697 I have today.  It was 702  but I just apped and rec'd new  Juniper card last month  and it took a bit of a hit.

EX dropped from 715 to 697 when an old Cap1 acct started reporting incorrectly (disputing and have atty helping as appears to be re-aging) and then today's report has it down to 678 with the new car loan reporting. Smiley Sad

Not too happy with that low EX score, but hopefuly can get it back up there soon.  Am really working on getting utilization down (at about 23% now but reporting at 29!) which should help me out.

I can't wait to be a full fledged member of the 700 club!!!!!!!

A special thank you to my fellow forum members who helped me achieve this success....I could not have done it without you!!!!!!!!!!!Smiley Happy

FICOS: TU 732(05-16-16) EQ '08 739( 05-16-16) EX 737 (08-17-16)
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Re: WOOHOO! MY FIRST 700 EQ!!

Congrats Romans.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 849
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 11
rom828
Established Contributor

Thanks, Byrdman!  

And thank you especially for all your good posts......I've read a ton of 'em and have learned a lot....still a lot for me to learn, though!!

I'm so grateful that  I've been able to apply what I've learned since becoming a forum member and improved my score to where it is today.

Today 700...tomorrow (ok, not realistic, I know)    800!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 3 of 11
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Keep striving for that 800. I have that as a goal out there in the future too. I got within 10 points, then POOF, like a puff of smoke it was gone. LOL.

Thank you for your kind words.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 849
Goal Score: 850

Message 4 of 11
GFer
Valued Contributor

Congrats, Rom!!!  Smiley Happy

EQ 817, EX 815, TU 813 (Updated 1/5/18: TU 843

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ah, yes, I remember how I felt when I got my first 700 with EQ. It is such an exciting feeling! Keep up the good work and congratulations!  It is not unreasonable to strive for the 800s. I have the same goal. Just keep shooting for the moon and even if you miss, you are still among the stars.
Message 6 of 11
rom828
Established Contributor

THANKS, ALL!

And Tonnie, it is a good feeling to get to that 700 with EQ.  They've been my lowest all along, so to finally get them to that point....well, like I said:  WOOHOO!!

If I follow my plan to get debt free asap, according to the simulator I could be really closing in on that 800.  I think debt free is a good fiscal plan anyway, especially given today's economy.  But I think it really holds true anytime...debt is a burden and we should try to avoid it.

Of course, from the FICO point, one must be sure to let that 1-9% report Smiley Very Happy!!

Message 7 of 11
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Well done
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 8 of 11
rom828
Established Contributor

Re: WOOHOO! MY FIRST 700 EQ!! OH, NO! NOT ANY MORE!

Well, that was fleeting!! Smiley Sad The alert on the 5th put me at 700 advising 'new credit wasnt hurting as much'.  And that was with my 2 auto loan inqs--one from the dealer and one from the bank....reporting.

I just got a new alert and my EQ dropped to 693 with the note "you've recently been looking for credit".  Well, duh, you knew that when you gave me the 700Smiley Very Happy

I realize a lot of other factors could be at work also, so not too alarmed, but just thought I'd post so I could retract my first message and relinquish the bragging rights.   It was nice while it lasted, and at least I now know I have the potential for 700 with EQ.

But I'm not giving up!  Each CRA has now at one time or another reached or exceeded 700, so it's just a question of me doing the right things to get them all to reach the 700 at the same time so I can be a real member of the 700 club!!

Message 9 of 11
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: WOOHOO! MY FIRST 700 EQ!! OH, NO! NOT ANY MORE!

I had a similar delay with a score drop, and not just from Scorewatch lag. I actually pulled my EQ after some inqs posted, and it was fine. A week or so later, the score dropped, and there wasn't any additional change.

Sorry it happened to you, too!
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.