Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wasn't Expecting Score Increase But Definitely Will Take It

tag
Iusedtolurk
Established Contributor

Wasn't Expecting Score Increase But Definitely Will Take It

Checking my Experian today and noticed my F8 Credit Score went up 3 points.(All 8's gained 3 points, no other scores changed, can't tell if 9's changed)

I was wondering why but due to Experian lately showing "What Happened" from the day before to the day of change I saw the following reasons that triggered the score change.

experian-fico-score-inr-5-1-21a.JPG

Specifics:

experian-fico-score-inr-5-1-21b.JPG

experian-fico-score-inr-5-1-21c.JPG

The only changes between yesterday and today but for some reason it made a 3 point difference and ANY points upward are WELCOMED.

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Senior Contributor

Re: Wasn't Expecting Score Increase But Definitely Will Take It

Yeah we'll take whatever they'll give us. Lol

I've liked EX adding the "What Changed" feature, adds a little indepth look at reasons for changes.

NFCU More Rewards 28K CL
NFCU Cash Rewards 16K CL
Citi Custom Cash 7.5K CL
AODFCU Visa Sig 5K CL
Discover IT 2.5K CL
Capital One QS 3600 CL
Message 2 of 16
Iusedtolurk
Established Contributor

@Mr_Mojo_Risin wrote:

Yeah we'll take whatever they'll give us. Lol

I've liked EX adding the "What Changed" feature, adds a little indepth look at reasons for changes.

@Mr_Mojo_RisinYeah I really like that they added that new feature. I could always see effects of credit moves on Credit Karma with Trans and Equifax but when there was movement on Experian I had to dig around and try to figure it out.

Message 3 of 16
Iusedtolurk
Established Contributor

@Iusedtolurk wrote:

Checking my Experian today and noticed my F8 Credit Score went up 3 points.(All 8's gained 3 points, no other scores changed, can't tell if 9's changed)

I was wondering why but due to Experian lately showing "What Happened" from the day before to the day of change I saw the following reasons that triggered the score change.

Specifics:

The only changes between yesterday and today but for some reason it made a 3 point difference and ANY points upward are WELCOMED.

Okay Even though I understand WHAT caused the point change it still is making me seek the WHY of it. It's not like when I cross a particular Utilization threshold (individual/aggregate)-AoYA threshold (12 months etc)-dollar amount ?-Age (2 yrs/3yrs milestone etc.

Perhaps @Anonymous @Anonymous @Anonymous can add some possible insights.

Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Iusedtolurk wrote:

Okay Even though I understand WHAT caused the point change it still is making me seek the WHY of it. It's not like when I cross a particular Utilization threshold (individual/aggregate)-AoYA threshold (12 months etc)-dollar amount ?-Age (2 yrs/3yrs milestone etc.

When I reached AoOA 3yr 3mo, as you did here,  I got +2pts on all 3 EX8 scores. Also +4 on TU8. I also hit AAoA 2yr0mo at the same time, so I thought AAoA might be the trigger. (My post about that is here. )

Now I'm thinking it was AoOA 3yr 3mo, which seems very odd to me, but then we both just passed that weird 3yr0mo threshold that causes such a large score drop on some scores.

This was the snapshot on March 1st, 2021, at AoOA 3yr3mo / AAoA 2yr0mo / AAoRA 1yr8mo / AoY(R)A 1yr1mo:

AAoA 2yr0mo. Only an aging change here. NC=No Change

Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Iusedtolurk wrote:

@Iusedtolurk wrote:

Specifics:

@Iusedtolurk what type of account is your oldest account? A loan or a revolver?

also are those ages correct? I find that Experian says that I am one year five months when I'm one year six months.

Message 6 of 16
Iusedtolurk
Established Contributor

@Anonymous 

Oldest account is a Revolver (Cap1 Secured). All dates correct.

Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Iusedtolurk wrote:

When I reached AoOA 3yr 3mo, as you did here,  I got +2pts on all 3 EX8 scores. Also +4 on TU8. I also hit AAoA 2yr0mo at the same time, so I thought AAoA might be the trigger. (My post about that is here. )

Now I'm thinking it was AoOA 3yr 3mo, which seems very odd to me, but then we both just passed that weird 3yr0mo threshold that causes such a large score drop on some scores.

This was the snapshot on March 1st, 2021, at AoOA 3yr3mo / AAoA 2yr0mo / AAoRA 1yr8mo / AoY(R)A 1yr1mo:

AAoA 2yr0mo. Only an aging change here. NC=No Change

@Anonymous I believe yours was AAOA, imho. AoOA is a segmenter, not a scoring Factor. I don't think it's pulling double duty. Age of oldest revolving account is typically mistaken for it, but not on your file obviously. JMHO. 

Message 8 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Iusedtolurk wrote:

@Anonymous 

@Iusedtolurk I believe it derives from AAoA 27 months or AoORA 39 months. Considering your recent reassignment to mature, we know points are lacking for the buffer for new account reassignment. we just don't know from where they derive. 

I kind of feel like it's AAoA, but it could be either, theoretically. This is probably where some of the points are picked up after reassignment. Jmho. 

Message 9 of 16
Iusedtolurk
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Iusedtolurk wrote:

@Anonymous 

@Iusedtolurk I believe it derives from AAoA 27 months or AoORA 39 months. Considering your recent reassignment to mature, we know points are lacking for the buffer for new account reassignment. we just don't know from where they derive. 

I kind of feel like it's AAoA, but it could be either, theoretically. This is probably where some of the points are picked up after reassignment. Jmho. 

@Anonymous  When I was looking at the 3 changes I scratched off the youngest revolver turning 1 yr 2 months having any effects on the points increase.

That left me with either the AAoA/27 months or AoORA/39 months contributing or somehow both contributing which I really couldn't nail down. But like you I will lean towards the AAoA as the possible variable for the points increase.

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.