Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What does that even MEAN???

tag
thankfulheart
Established Contributor

What does that even MEAN???

Got my trimerge report from the mortgage person.  TU lists "too many accounts with balances" (1 revolving, the rest are installment?), and EX lists "proportion of balance to high credit on revolving accounts" (granted, EX UT is at 25% right now, but that's not outrageous, I wouldn't think)

And to tack on a rant: I HATE the way student loans are handled.  I consolidated this year and got hit with 4 brand-spankin' new accounts, dropping my AAoA.

And, for information's sake, the "potential score improvement" on EX is a max of 709, presuming I were to optimize the utilization.  TU would be a max of 709 as well, EQ is maxed at 685, but I still have a paid state tax lien reporting on that one.  All 3 have a single major derog account from 2007 I am desperately trying to GW off.

I've given up trying to make sense of it and I'm not going to micro-manage the minutiae anymore.  Use my dang cards, pay them off, and keep hammering away at the 2 baddies.

Starting Score: 10/1/2011 EQ 568 TU 593
Current Score: EQ 664 TU 700 EX 701 (FAKO)

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: What does that even MEAN???

For TU, how many accts do you have showing on the TU portion of the tri-merge and how many of those show a balance? Usually you'll see that comment if more than 50% are showing a balance. 

For util, 25% is a little high. I've seen that comment with util in the teens. It's all based on your credit, bucket, etc. 

Per consolidation, that's normal. At least they don't delete the old TLs causing a doubly whammy.

709 is pretty good for having a major derog and lien reporting. 

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.