Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What kind of score is 9002?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What kind of score is 9002?

Ok we applied to refinance our mortgages. We get some papers from the lender that says..

Your credit score     Score  9002             Source Experian               Brand Fair Isaac         Type Fico      Date 08/02/2011

Is this a missprint? Below it goes into the scores being between 320 and 844

So wth is a score of 9002?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Booner72
Senior Contributor

Re: What kind of score is 9002?

misprint

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well thats what i thought. Wondering if this is why we got such a good rate? Wouldnt someone have caught it though? Does the mortgage consultant see our score?

What is a rick score? Says not available due to Model Exclusion Criteria

DH are both on the mortgage and we both have the same number for our score

Message 3 of 8
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

The EX range is for Experian Fair Isaac V2, which is most used by lenders for EX and used to be available on here before EX did what they did. Smiley Sad

I agree on the misprint. Your LO would know though that 9002 isn't a real score (or at least I'd think they'd know).

Message 4 of 8
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

I changed my mind....it isn't a misprint. There are other posts out there mentioning this (never recalled it before) and "9002" is a code that refers to a credit profile that lacks sufficient info to generate a FICO score.

Could any of these be the culprit on Experian (ignore the other two):

In order for a FICO® score to be calculated, a report must contain these minimum requirements:

• ·          At least one account that has been open for six months or more
  • ·          At least one undisputed account that has been reported to the credit bureau with in the past six months
  • ·          No indication of deceased on the credit report (Please note: if you share an account with another person this may affect you if the other account holder is reported deceased).

ETA....There may have been an edit or change by myFICO, but I also think the account(s) had to have updated within the past few months too.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

OH OK, never heard of that before. How can i get Fico score on here, but they cannot? I shouldnt complain we got a good interest rate.

Message 6 of 8
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

OH OK, never heard of that before. How can i get Fico score on here, but they cannot? I shouldnt complain we got a good interest rate.

Because the range you referenced is an Experian FICO score and that's not available on myFICO. You can get Equifax and TransUnion here, though, and your reports might be different on Experian to result in no score. If you are able to get TU and EQ or your lender did so, then they would have used your mid score. Since EX isn't available for a mid-score, they may have used the lower of your EQ or TU to generate the score-basis for PMI, rate, etc.

Message 7 of 8
AndySoCal
Valued Contributor

On the information you received form your lender were the other bureaus able to give you a FICO score?  Also which credit reporting agency pulled your credit report on behalf of the lender?

FICO Scores XPN v8 802 V2 831 (SDFCU) TUC 803 v8 EFX 807 (10/2023)
Discover 09/90 19,000, JCPenney 10/2008 4,700 US Bank Cash 12,000 Citibank Custom Cash 5/2015 11,100 State Dept. FCU 15,000 06/2023 , 02/2024 Redstone FCU Signature VISA 10,000 Banking: Ally Bank Credit Unions: Lafayette FCU Fortera FCU State Department FCU Pelican CU

Pelican State CU Redstone FCU

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.