Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When can I get a better card?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

When can I get a better card?

I got Aspire ($1000) and Orchard Bank ($500) credit cards a few years ago when my credit was completely trashed.  They both have high interest and annual fees.  Now, my TU is 580, Equifax is 649 and Experian is 682.  Can I start demanding a better deal now?
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: When can I get a better card?

Now. These are your FICOs right?
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep. Real FICOs. I called Aspire and they told me that they don't accept customer initiated credit line increases. I told them that they'd have to do a lot more than that to keep me. I want a lower interest rate and no annual fee. If Orchard doesn't help me either, where should I turn?
Message 3 of 11
fused
Moderator Emeritus

madriley wrote:
Yep. Real FICOs. I called Aspire and they told me that they don't accept customer initiated credit line increases. I told them that they'd have to do a lot more than that to keep me. I want a lower interest rate and no annual fee. If Orchard doesn't help me either, where should I turn?

Your EQ and EX scores alone would get you approved for Amex Delta Skymiles Gold, Hilton or Starwoods assuming you do not have a BK. They usually pull Ex and sometimes EQ.
Message 4 of 11
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Also try the Citi Premier Pass. If approved, convert to Dividend Plat Select.
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I will try that. How long do I have to wait before I can convert? I had a chapter 7 discharged in '03. Is that going to be a problem for me?
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

madriley wrote:
I will try that. How long do I have to wait before I can convert? I had a chapter 7 discharged in '03. Is that going to be a problem for me?

Yes it will be a problem with amex, i don't know about he citi

Tuscani, do you know which CRA citi pulls most freq?

Message Edited by Lori344 on 07-14-2007 10:11 AM
Message 7 of 11
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Citi is not BK friendly either.

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tuscani wrote:

Tuscani, do you know which CRA they pull (usually) I don't have a bk, and thinking about applying with them. I'm an AU on my husband's account and they will not convert to joint. Also, i've heard that they do not report your cl only high balance is this true?
Message 9 of 11
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Lori344 wrote:

Tuscani wrote:

Tuscani, do you know which CRA they pull (usually) I don't have a bk, and thinking about applying with them. I'm an AU on my husband's account and they will not convert to joint. Also, i've heard that they do not report your cl only high balance is this true?

which state do you live in?
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.