Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When does Trans Union Update??

tag
willhbauto
Established Member

When does Trans Union Update??

Does anybody have any ideas on when Trans Union updates changes or how long changes take with them? I recently had a couple of collections removed from my CR's, equifax and experian already show these changes and my score went up quite a bit, but Trans Union still looks the same as it did before, no changes at all,

so should i worry and send an update letter to transunion?

or does Trans Union normally take longer to adjust to changes??

I was excited to see my score go way up on equifax and experian, but my trans union didnt do anything but go down about 15 points (probably from the inquiries from my mortgage pre-approval), but I'm in  a hurry to get my score way up in the next two months and am doing everything right but Trans Union needs to update for me!

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: When does Trans Union Update??

You disputed with TU right? And is the account actually gone from TU? If so, your scores should reflect the change immediately.

Also keep in mine..  Just because one CRA deletes has nothing to do with the others.
Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

TU and I have a hate-hate relationship--moreso than even with EX. I got a GW delete from Chase a couple of months back. EX and EQ deleted either the same day or within a day of one another. I kept waiting. Then sent TU a copy of the letter I got from Chase. Got their nonsensical "We cannot accept ..." letter. Finally they deleted about 4 weeks after EX and EQ deleted. Then they added one of the deleted TLs back to the wife's CR, another written dispute, and finally those TLs were gone about 6 weeks after EX and EQ deleted.

YMMV

Message 3 of 15
willhbauto
Established Member

yeah, thats what seems to be happening here, my Experian and Equifax have updated several TL's and my Trans Union hasnt changed at all, I think I'm going to call them and see whats up
Message 4 of 15
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

TU is so sloooooooooooooooooooooooooow.
Message 5 of 15
willhbauto
Established Member

well, I found out why it hasn't updated, apparently whenever there is open investigations on the report with Trans Union the report does not get updated til all the investigations are done. So my score should go up a bunch once Trans Union finished the investigations and updates my report with current information.
Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Tuscani wrote:

Exactly!!!!!
Message 7 of 15
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Tuscani wrote:

Not for me and mine!!  They were less than a week.

EX on the other hand......   Smiley Sad
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 8 of 15
tpayne105
New Contributor

If I may ask, how much did your score go up (point wise) with the deletions after the removal of the collection accounts?

Thanks!
Message 9 of 15
willhbauto
Established Member

well a few things happened in the course of two months,I was told I had a lack of revolving accounts so first I got that Secured credit card, so my score went up (585 TU to 609 TU) and then I didn't know when they reported the balance on the card, they happened to report it when the balance was at $179 (limit of $300) so I think that hurt my score a bit, I was in the mid 500's, then I was checking my report one day and notice 2 accounts had been updated as paid in full and one realy bad old credit car account had been deleted comletely from both EX and EQ, so I wanted to see how much my score went up so I paid for an updated score just last week and both had gone up about 60 points from 540's, TU still looks the same as before, in fact it actually went down 15 points, now that I know when they report my CC balances I'm keeping the balance low and the next report should show less than 30% usage so i think I'll see a small score bump from that. I hope!
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.