Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When should I expect change in score - UPDATED

tag
MakingProgress
Senior Contributor

When should I expect change in score - UPDATED

On 2/10/19 I will have 2 inq on EQ and EX, & 1 on TU passing the 1 year mark and becomming unscorable.  At this same time my AoYA will pass the one year mark.

Based on those factors will my scores change within a few days of 2/10 or will I need to wait until March to see any changes in my scores?

FICO 8 Starting Score

Current Scores

Garden Goal is All Reports Clean – Achieved 11/26/20
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: When should I expect change in score

Age is calculated by FICO based on the 1st of the month.  Therefore any age-related benefit will materialize either by Feb 2 or March 2. 

Inquiries are different.  The received wisdom here is that you get the scoring benefit 366 days after the date of the inquiry (if any benefit is forthcoming, that is).

In either case, bear in mind that the score may change without an alert being sent to you.  (In fact I am pretty sure that neither event is alertable.)

Message 2 of 13
MakingProgress
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Age is calculated by FICO based on the 1st of the month.  Therefore any age-related benefit will materialize either by Feb 2 or March 2. 

Inquiries are different.  The received wisdom here is that you get the scoring benefit 366 days after the date of the inquiry (if any benefit is forthcoming, that is).

In either case, bear in mind that the score may change without an alert being sent to you.  (In fact I am pretty sure that neither event is alertable.)

So it would make sense to pull my scores on 2/11 or 2/12 to see what if any impact those events have on my score, and then possibly again on or after 3/2.

FICO 8 Starting Score

Current Scores

Message 3 of 13
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@MakingProgress wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

So it would make sense to pull my scores on 2/11 or 2/12 to see what if any impact those events have on my score, and then possibly again on or after 3/2.

That would cost you an awful lot of money.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 4 of 13
MakingProgress
Senior Contributor

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@MakingProgress wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

not really, I can use the EX $1 free trial replacement for CCT. 

FICO 8 Starting Score

Current Scores

Message 5 of 13
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@MakingProgress wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@MakingProgress wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

not really, I can use the EX $1 free trial replacement for CCT. 

OK I stand corrected. Even by my standards $1 is not an awful lot of money Smiley Happy

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

You will see the AoYA bump on 2/1 (provided the account was open in Feb) and inquiry bumps on 2/10, if you pull (Experian trial) on 2/11, you won't be able to differentiate AoYA from inquiry bumps. I would pull on 2/6 to catch AoYA, then carry the 7 day trial through 2/13 so you'll have daily Experian update on 2/10.
Message 7 of 13
MakingProgress
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
You will see the AoYA bump on 2/1 (provided the account was open in Feb) and inquiry bumps on 2/10, if you pull (Experian trial) on 2/11, you won't be able to differentiate AoYA from inquiry bumps. I would pull on 2/6 to catch AoYA, then carry the 7 day trial through 2/13 so you'll have daily Experian update on 2/10.

I'm really only concerned with the final outcome, so one pull should do it as long as both events are calculated into the scoring. 

FICO 8 Starting Score

Current Scores

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you don't care about isolation, then yes a pull on 2/11 should capture all.
Message 9 of 13
MakingProgress
Senior Contributor

Re: When should I expect change in score - Updated

I pulled my scores on 2/1 and saw an increase due to AoYA passing one year. 

My EX had been stagnent at 726 for several months.    It went up to 729.     

On 2/10  I had 2 inq become unscorable.   This left no scorable inq on EX.   On 2/11 I apped for 3 new cards, and  2 inq hit EX.

I pulled my EX again on 2/11 and score was still 729.

Barclay's reported a new account to EX on 2/13, so I pulled my EX score this morning and my score was still 729, AoYA did show as 0 months.   I would have expected the score to drop with the new account.   We will see what happens when the other two new accounts report. 

FICO 8 Starting Score

Current Scores

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.