cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why Is Experian Scores Often the Highest of All Three?

tag
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

Re: Why Is Experian Scores Often the Highest of All Three?

Experian is my lowest...

And like the poster above mentioned, pulled almost exclusively in SoCal. Which really sucks for me!

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Message 11 of 22
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@grillandwinemaster wrote:

Experian is my lowest...

And like the poster above mentioned, pulled almost exclusively in SoCal. Which really sucks for me!

During last 2 years TU has been highest for me and EX has been lowest, but recently EQ has taken over as the lowest.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 12 of 22
Tim_S
Regular Contributor

Trans Union has always been highest for me, followed by Experian and then Equifax is my little red headed step child...

Message 13 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Very clear from reading this thread that there's no consistency on which bureau gives anyone the highest score.  Definitely a personal profile thing.

Message 14 of 22
Pworld
Regular Contributor

apfrRe: Why Is Experian Scores Often the Highest of All Three?

I wish! Ex is my lowest. Usually by 30-35 points. I have to check and see whats going on. My highest used to be EQ, but recently TU just matched it, and then leaped frogged it. I think it was due to TU reporting some major pay downs and collections dropping off first. 

Current EQ:809 EX: 808 TU:809

Amex Platinum/ NPSL | Amex Zync/NPSL | Amex Green/NPSL | AMEX BCP/18.1k | Chase Freedom/2.2K | Discover IT/10.9K | Amex HHonors Surpass/9K | Chase Hyatt/5k | Sapphire Preferred/13K | Ink Business Preferred/13K
Message 15 of 22
EdMan63
Established Contributor

Re: apfrRe: Why Is Experian Scores Often the Highest of All Three?

When I had a CO on my reports EX was my highest. Since the CO has fallen off my reports EX has been my lowest for months now. Refusing to budge at all over the whole summer. I believe its because I have more inq on EX than the others everything else all being equal. 

Message 16 of 22
Vegas4Play
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

EX is my middle score. TU is always my highest, and I know why. They place more emphasis on oldest account and, even with a short AAoA, my oldest is over 36 years.

Cap - do you think this holds true ( that TU puts more emphasis on oldest account) even when it has been closed out?

Fico 8's TU 756/ EQ 754/ EX 743- 8/2020// AAoA 5.7 years // Lines August 2020 = 619k Personal - Business 61k // Inquiries 6 TU - 0 Exp - 0 Eq.
Message 17 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

interesting, Captool..
usually..you just make me laugh..
today you got me thinking..
don't know which is better!
Message 18 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tu is my highest score, by about 20 pts. EQ is my lowest. TU seems to be the one that never gets pulled. Only one new acct pulled them in 2 yrs for me.
Message 19 of 22
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

EX is my middle score. TU is always my highest, and I know why. They place more emphasis on oldest account and, even with a short AAoA, my oldest is over 36 years.

Wow, that could explain why TU is my highest as well.

But how did you learn something like that?

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.