Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why are they different?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why are they different?

I have been checking my credit for a couple months now and I've been looking around at the different websites. I'm wondering why my Trans union score on truecredit.com is 50 points lower than my Trans Union score on myFico, which are both different than my scores on Freecreditreport.com. I'm not really sure which one I should believe!!!!!
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Why are they different?

The Transunion site does not offer the FICO scoring model.  Yo are probably seeing the Vantage score on that siteand sting are weighted differently
Message 2 of 4
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:
I have been checking my credit for a couple months now and I've been looking around at the different websites. I'm wondering why my Trans union score on truecredit.com is 50 points lower than my Trans Union score on myFico, which are both different than my scores on Freecreditreport.com. I'm not really sure which one I should believe!!!!!

You can believe any one you like, but your lenders will more than likely believe the FICO score! I'd put a smiley here, but I'm on Firefox, so ;-)
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had the same thing happen to me just now.  I bought my truecredit scores and they were all around 600.

My FICO scores, however, are all in the 640's to 650's.

This other score from another site was 672.

So I have no idea what to believe.  But I trust the people on here who say the FICO score is the real one.  It better be, because so far its the higher one.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.