Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why did my score drop??

tag
Freakshow77
Valued Member

Why did my score drop??

Help me understand. My score was a 621 and it dropped to 614 today. The alert said there was no changes to my CR, but may be due to a balance limit increase.
However there was no increase I am very carefull now to pay off my 2 credit cards every month before the statement. If anything my debt is less so why the sudden drop with no changes on my report?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
tcbofade
Super Contributor

Re: Why did my score drop??

My immediate thought is that something DID change.

Did you have a balance on one of your cards last time you pulled your score?

If you did, and you've since paid the debt to ZERO, that will actually LOWER your FICO score...

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 2 of 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

OP, how did you find out about the CL increase? Did you get the score from the same service as the one that provided the alert to the CLI?

Message 3 of 6
Freakshow77
Valued Member

I got the alert from score watch but like I said there was no balance increase. Everything is paid in full every month. But I also found out my credit councilor was disputing a few things on my report like being improperly coded items. So I'm guessing that's why the drop. Aperantly it hurt me more then it helped.
Message 4 of 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

SW doesn't alert you to CLIs. That's why I asked. Disputing accounts can lower your FICO in some scenarios.

Message 5 of 6
Freakshow77
Valued Member

Yup. I see that now. Ty llecs
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.