Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why didn't I get my points back?

tag
awdsmama
Established Contributor

Why didn't I get my points back?

My EQ Fico was 703.

I sent a request to EQ to remove the "dispute" status from one student loan.  Instead EQ added "customer disputes" to 6 more student loan tradelines!   My score did NOT change when this happened (all are deferred if it matters)

I also sent a request to EQ to remove the 'dispute' status from 2 HSBC co's.   Instead they entered a "customer disputes / reinvestigation in process" and it dropped my score to 665.

I contacted EQ exec office and let them know that wasn't disputing the account, rather wanted remarks removed because I WASN'T disputing them.

Got the alert today that the dispute/reinvestigation remarks on ALL 8 accounts have been deleted YAY!

But my score didn't change at all!!!   There have been NO other changes to my reports. 

why wouldn't I get my points back?

Fico: 701 (5/22/14) 682 (5/9/2014)
Discover IT $5,200 / CU Visa $1,000 / JC Penny$3,000
App Free since 2/2013
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
pakman92
Established Contributor

Re: Why didn't I get my points back?

I'm not sure why your score dropped when dispute status was first reported. that by itself should have no impact on the score. I'm guessing something less caused that drop

My Starting Score: EQ: 691 (11/30/11) TU98: 726 (11/30/11)
My Current Score: EQ: 779 (04/22/13) TU08: 835 (06/03/13)
DW Starting Score: EQ: 742 (03/02/12) TU98: 748 (03/02/12)
DW Current Score: EQ: 784 (03/11/13) TU08: 775 (06/03/13)
Message 2 of 7
awdsmama
Established Contributor

@pakman92 wrote:
I'm not sure why your score dropped when dispute status was first reported. that by itself should have no impact on the score. I'm guessing something less caused that drop

The score changed in the same alert as the two HSBC co's that were recoded "dispute-reinvestigation in process" --- and that was the ONLY change to my reports.  I do a daily pull and did compare the tradelines.  No new accounts, nothing aged off, no baddies aging, no balances changing etc. 

It was the dispute status/update.

App Free since 2/2013
Message 3 of 7
Mondavi
Regular Contributor

I could be wrong buy my guess is now that your two HSBC cards are in investigation that they may not be counting towards your AAoA. Maybe once the investigation is complete your score will go back up.

My experience is that my 3 year old could do a better job than EQ at actually fixing things. Sad part is I am actually being serious.

I lost 31 points from them because they deleted 9 positive closed TL's from my report. None that were closed and over 10 years old. It took my AAoA down 3 years and my oldest down from 15 to 11 years.

Just re read your post. I guess the removed the investigation from the two accounts then? Are you sure? Kinda strange that your score dropped right when they were disputed but never came back up after it was done.

Message 4 of 7
awdsmama
Established Contributor

@Mondavi wrote:

I could be wrong buy my guess is now that your two HSBC cards are in investigation that they may not be counting towards your AAoA. Maybe once the investigation is complete your score will go back up.

My experience is that my 3 year old could do a better job than EQ at actually fixing things. Sad part is I am actually being serious.

hmm.  My score dropped when the dispute was added to the HSBC accounts, but the disputes were just taken off today and it didn't rebound?  Maybe it takes a few days?  I don't know ugh. 
Maybe since they were showing as being disputed the CO status wasn't being counted and now it is? 

Yeah EQ isn't the sharpest tack in the box.

App Free since 2/2013
Message 5 of 7
guiness56
Epic Contributor

During an OC dispute certain aspects are removed from scoring like balance, CL and payment history.  AAoA or length of history are not impacted in anyway during a dispute.  When the dispute is resolved it can go either way because lates could have been added or updated in a way that hurts.

Message 6 of 7
awdsmama
Established Contributor

Interestingly I got a SW alert today that my point went up 9pts.  Not sure if just a delayed alert or totally separate (lol nothing on report changed from yesterday)

App Free since 2/2013
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.