Did you mean: 

Why do I get different fico scores for transunion

tag
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

Re: Why do I get different fico scores for transunion

@golo wrote:

This is from the wally world website: 

(. The credit score you’ll receive each month is exactly the same FICO score that would cost you $19.95 a pop to purchase through myFICO.com, so this is really an awesome benefit Walmart is providing their cardholders.)

Interesting.

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 11 of 17
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@golo wrote:

(. The credit score you’ll receive each month is exactly the same FICO score that would cost you $19.95 a pop to purchase through myFICO.com, so this is really an awesome benefit Walmart is providing their cardholders.)

This statement is incorrect. It was confirmed several months ago by the previous administrator of this site that WM offers the TU08 score.

Message 12 of 17
dekelley1
Regular Contributor

@MarineVietVet wrote:

@golo wrote:

This statement is incorrect. It was confirmed several months ago by the previous administrator of this site that WM offers the TU08 score.

I'm so tired of all these institutions getting away with making false statments concerning credit.  I mean this is serious business and people lives they are mis-directing!

Starting Score: 615
Current Score: Lender pullEQ 667, TU04 698 TU98 644, EX 660
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 17
annielorie
Valued Contributor

Why would My Fico  give scores based on a model that is over 8 years old and probably not used as much? That sounds like the bait and switch. Cant fico stop the difference in scoring models?  Or do they get people to pay for a substandard score like all the other FAKOS out there? It does not make good sense .  We will sell you a score that isn't accurate if you get an auto loan or perhaps a mortgage,  but take what we give you or eventually we will be following Experian ( in the sense that you cant see your actual score without a hardpull.  I thought the Credit reform act addressed all of these issues and was created for fairness to the consumer. If the govt can regulate the way the credit reports are reported and scored to protect the consumer than why is there not a fair lending practice when it comes to the model being used? Shouldn't there be one model used by all lenders, because quite frankly I dont think there has been any reform with credit. FICO seems to have a monopoly not recognized by the U>S< gov't.  Last time I checked it was nt only unethical but illegal.  Anyone? Isn't this why the gov't stepped in with MA BELL?

Starting Score: 0
Current Score: TR??FICOEQ ?? FICO
Goal Score: 760

Lowes7,000 Discover More 2800. Jcpenny 6,000
Chase freedom 800 Never take NO for an answer!!
Message 14 of 17
golo
Frequent Contributor

Sadly,this is the world we have create,pitcher and catcher on everything...

Message 15 of 17
pakman92
Established Contributor

@annielorie wrote:

Why would My Fico  give scores based on a model that is over 8 years old and probably not used as much? That sounds like the bait and switch. Cant fico stop the difference in scoring models?  Or do they get people to pay for a substandard score like all the other FAKOS out there? It does not make good sense .  We will sell you a score that isn't accurate if you get an auto loan or perhaps a mortgage,  but take what we give you or eventually we will be following Experian ( in the sense that you cant see your actual score without a hardpull.  I thought the Credit reform act addressed all of these issues and was created for fairness to the consumer. If the govt can regulate the way the credit reports are reported and scored to protect the consumer than why is there not a fair lending practice when it comes to the model being used? Shouldn't there be one model used by all lenders, because quite frankly I dont think there has been any reform with credit. FICO seems to have a monopoly not recognized by the U>S< gov't.  Last time I checked it was nt only unethical but illegal.  Anyone? Isn't this why the gov't stepped in with MA BELL?

I suspect this is not entirely upto myFICO but what TU is willing to sell to the consumers.   For example, EX scores are simply not available because Experian chose not to sell their FICO score at all to the consumers.  Of course, they themselves sell and resell (via other companies), their FAKOs.

My Starting Score: EQ: 691 (11/30/11) TU98: 726 (11/30/11)
My Current Score: EQ: 779 (04/22/13) TU08: 835 (06/03/13)
DW Starting Score: EQ: 742 (03/02/12) TU98: 748 (03/02/12)
DW Current Score: EQ: 784 (03/11/13) TU08: 775 (06/03/13)
Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I do not think credit bureaus give the consumer a break, also I think if you have a collection for 14  dollars a debt that I knew nothing about, should not be allowed to drop your score, I would have gladly payed that money, not it is a collection on my credit report, there should be some lines drawn, 1 late credit card payment should last maybe 2 years instead of 7 ,we can't control everything that goes on in our lives but we are punished for it, the credit bureaus need to be overhauled

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.