Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is Equifax so much different?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why is Equifax so much different?

I've got my three scores off myfico.com and Equifax is by far the lowest.   Anyone else have a similar situation?  Just wondering why that score is so much different than the others when they seem to be reporting the same accounts.
Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Why is Equifax so much different?

Big differences can be accounted by differences in reports, accounts, balances, reported dates, inquiries, etc.

Small differences can also exist given the different formulas.
Message 2 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here here, Equifax hates me.... Smiley Sad

My EQ score is at least 40 points lower than the other 2. They do not respond to disputes/corrections (I don't believe they really verify debts). My biggest gripe with them is the lack of communication and the complete disregard. Those (insert mean word) will not even change my report to my married name (I was married in 2003). They won't budge.

edited to run spell check Smiley Indifferent

Message Edited by Lori344 on 07-03-2007 09:14 AM
Message 3 of 30
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

EX hates me.  100 points lower than TU, 80 points lower than EQ.  Tu loves me
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 4 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

For me TU is the worst, slowest....
Message 5 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think TU is growing a strong "like" for me Smiley Very Happy I like them too.
Message 6 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

TU is the slowest and least responsive, but I get the best scores outta them--FICO and FAKO.

EX I find reports fast, but DW and I get the lowest FICO and FAKO scores from them.

DW just pulled her FICOs. 712 TU, 674 EQ, 642 EX. 70 point differennce between TU and EX. MyFico EX report also reports things which aren't on a recent paper copy of an EX report. Also isn't on the online dispute link for EX when the EX report comes up. What the?
Message 7 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think Ex hates me too, but I find Eq to be the highest, followed by TU and then of course our friend EX.  Smiley Happy
Message 8 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Equifax is handled by that !@#$%$#@ company CSC...and my scores are drastically different from my other two

EQ 504
EX 615
TU 624

My problem with them is that although they are reporting all ofthe same accounts, they refuse to hadle my disputes like the others.  I have some crazy number of late payments with on this report...like 137 vs. TU where I have 0.  They are reporting some collection accounts as Installment accounts, with 25 120+ payments each (2 year history), which is what is killing my score.  Every time I dispute with them, requesting that they "report accurate information", they verify with the collection agency and update to show yet another late payment.  The other two CB's seem to understand the difference between revolving, installment and collection classifications...why not these guys??

I am in Indiana...anyone else with drastically different EQ scores in this region.  Maybe it is CSC.
Message 9 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I've got my three scores off myfico.com and Equifax is by far the lowest. Anyone else have a similar situation? Just wondering why that score is so much different than the others when they seem to be reporting the same accounts.

EQ is always 30-40 points below the other two on my reports.

EX and TU are very close and consistent.

Makes me wonder what EQ is doing...
Message 10 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.