Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is Equifax so much different?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Why is Equifax so much different?

MY scores at Eq are not so much differentfrom the other Credit Breau's.  EQ is totally non-communicative. They cannot read plain english. They do not want to assist you and apparently think there is nothing anyone can do about it. I take a rather dim view of that attitude. It is not acceptable to me.  At this point I have contacted an attorney to see if he can get anywhere. If not I will be contacting the Attorney General's office for the State of Kentucky since that is where I live and filing a complaint with the consumer protection agency. I will also contact the FTC and file a formal complaint with them as well as contact the FBI to see if I can make a report to them becsause if EQ is not perpetrating identity thieft it is defiently enabling it with its incompetent handling of data and gross neglect of communication with consumers.
If we as consumers tried to run a business in this fasion we would be rode out of town on a rail. So why should lay down and take this treatment as something we musst  accept?  There are laws that protect consumers so let us use them to give these, apparently, uneducated, non-communicative, folks a wake up call and make them accountable for their actions.
One person alone cannot make an impact, but, if we all get involved positively we can make a difference for ourselves and everyone else.
Brightest Blessings,
Moriah
Message 11 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

It would make me feel really good, if I KNEW they read that last message.... but, atlas, I don't think they know how Smiley Wink
Message 12 of 30
FICOnater2007
New Contributor

Hello all,

I've had the same experience with Equifax and their evil henchmen here in Texas -- the CSC Credit Services. First off, CSC wouldn't know anything about "service", so they should change their name.

Okay now of the big three, I have found Equifax / CSC to be the most difficult to dispute on-line; and the most lacadaisical to respond in a timely manner.  In a nutshell -- they don't care if their data is wrong or not... 

Well, about 4 months ago I decided to take a look at my credit scores and started with:

Experian         564
Equifax            599
Transunion     597

After tweaking, disputing, etc., I arrived at the 4th of July with the following:

Experian         655 (a gain of 91 points!) Smiley Very Happy
Equifax            599 (am I being ignored?) Smiley Mad
Transunion     651 (a gain of 54 points!) Smiley Happy

So my experience has been Experian -- good folks, A+++; Transunion -- they must love me, A+++;  Equifax --- hello? Equifax are you there?  Oh that's right, they don't give a **bleep**... 

Still, all one can do is keep trying. Those primates hold your credit future in the hairy palms of their hands.

FICOnater2007
"I'll be back!"

Message 13 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ficonator: our scores are almost identical. Smiley Happy

I started with lower scores longer ago, but where we both are now is pretty similar, including EQ.
Message 14 of 30
FICOnater2007
New Contributor

Hi Skiffy,

Guess what?  I recently opened a "share secured" visa card through one of the credit unions I've done business with in the past.  On Sunday I got an email from FreeCreditReport.com and it said there was a change to my credit score...now EX shows 675, up from 655!

I haven't ordered another tri-merge yet to see how UN-equifax has viewed this...  Smiley Wink

Good luck and keep up the effort my friend!

FICOnater2007

Message 15 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you have any idea how to reach the evil overlords at Equifax?

They just sent us a screwed up credit report where they claimed we were living in different states at the same time, with radically different names and eight thousand debt in some credit card account we never had -- a Georgia company, just like Equifax (fishy, isn't it?).

They also said we had to call them within 30 days to contest it, and then they gave us a phone number that DOESN'T WORK -- out of service.

So we go to their website, and they don't provide an email or fax number.

There's another phone number there, which says falsely that there's a way to talk to a human being, and they have you listen to a few minutes of pre-recorded time waster, and then they hang up on you.

Does anyone know of a phone number where you can talk to one of the evil equifax overlords in person?
Message 16 of 30
FICOnater2007
New Contributor

Hi Peeschka,

Where I live (Texas), Equifax operates through a subsidiary known as CSC Credit Services -- so I don't get to interface with them directly on my credit either.

You can try this:
2) Click on the menu bar at the top where it says "Online Dispute"
3) On the right side at the top, it asks for your Zip Code. Enter it...
4) The next screen should tell you WHO to contact. (I guess for some states / regions it is a 3rd party, and for some it may be Equifax themselves).

What state do you live in?  Have you tried to do a Google search for CRA's and your state name?

Might also check with a moderator of this forum...Toscani...you out there?

Good luck,

FICOnater2007
Message 17 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did that. Entered my zip.  It then gives me a snail mail address, and [b]no[/b] telephone number, and [b]no[/b] email address.

Message 18 of 30
SoulSmilen
Regular Contributor

Message 19 of 30
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
TU is the slowest and least responsive, but I get the best scores outta them--FICO and FAKO.
EX I find reports fast, but DW and I get the lowest FICO and FAKO scores from them.
DW just pulled her FICOs. 712 TU, 674 EQ, 642 EX. 70 point differennce between TU and EX. MyFico EX report also reports things which aren't on a recent paper copy of an EX report. Also isn't on the online dispute link for EX when the EX report comes up. What the?

This new FICO scoring change for the AU's has put a serious crimp in Eq's reporting. They are by far the slowest to report now. Experian is of course the fastest reporting account additions and balance changes first. TU is only slightly slower perhaps two days. Equifax on the other hand is still reporting a car loan which has been paid off and refi'd for a month as open. EX and TU picked up on this change over two weeks ago. Three new accounts listed on EX and TU for nearly one week have yet to show up on Equifax. If its not the FICO thing then they have serious problems.
Message 20 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.