Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will dispute affect score?

tag
tcbofade
Super Contributor

Will dispute affect score?

It's a long story, but I have a recurring nightmare that keeps popping up on Equifax.

I have NO actual baddies on any of my cr's, but the state of Arizona and Equifax just cannot comminicate information accurately.

After having been removed several times, my child-support is now showing up on EQ again.

I really wouldn't mind, as it is a valid account, but they simply CANNOT report it accurately.

In reality, it is a current account and always has been.  (Both EX and TU manage to report it correctly) 

EQ apparently believes that because it is listed as a "child-support" account, it simply MUST be a negative account.  Sometimes, they report it as a collection account.  Sometimes they report missing payments.

I have disputed it many times, and they always remove it...but then it comes back with various details changed.

Currently, and rather humorously, they are reporting that I was current in July of 2012, 120 days late in August of 2012, and back to current in September of 2012.

That's not even possible.

(Sorry...got into a rant)

I just disputed it again a few minutes ago.  As the only potential negative account on my EQ report, will this dispute help my score any while they're investigating?

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Will dispute affect score?

Any tradeline in dispute can do squirrly things to one's score.

I don't know the full details of it so I can't even attempt to explain what the exact impact is, I'm sure there'll be a better qualified response later.

        
Message 2 of 3
basballguy
Frequent Contributor

Re: Will dispute affect score?

i'm interested in seeing some responses to this as well.  I have a couple old collections with dispute remarks on them that i'll end up removing before i go through mortgage loan.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.