Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will it help any?

tag
thotgal320
Frequent Contributor

Will it help any?

Well my goal this year with my refund was to bring my balances down on all (10) CC like the forum would suggest.  I was on my way to work and wonder if I had money on a credit card that I recieve child support payments on and to my suprise my ex-husband deposited $12,000 into the account (sure he was forced to) but with that money I paid off all my daughters CC and med bills she had.  My question is I paid off all but 2 of mine, but put a good amount on them will that help a lot? A little? Not at all? 
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Will it help any?

OMG! Merry Christmas thotgal! LOL Smiley Happy

Yes, yes yes! The more you put toward reducing your cc debt the quicker you will see a score jump.

I went from 521 on TU in Feb. 2007, to 681 by July, 2007 for doing just that!

Good luck to you! Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 7
thotgal320
Frequent Contributor

I would do almost anything to be at 681 at least now I know there is hope.  Thanks sylviatob
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow, that is great!  It must feel wonderful to pay down so much debt.

What is the credit limit on each card, and what is the balance?  (In FICO-speak, what's your util?)
Message 4 of 7
thotgal320
Frequent Contributor

It does I think I am on my way.  Balances range from $500 to $1500 and the 2 left were $1300 now $800 and$1500 now $900. 
Message 5 of 7
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@thotgal320 wrote:
It does I think I am on my way. Balances range from $500 to $1500 and the 2 left were $1300 now $800 and$1500 now $900.

So you PIF'd everything but the last two, which now have $800 and $900 balances? Having only 2 of 5 cards reporting balances is bound to help your scores!

What are the credit limits on those last two cards?
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 6 of 7
thotgal320
Frequent Contributor

$1300 and $1500.  How long will it take before I will see in increase?  I also have a few things that should be fallen off within the next couple of months starting in April im hoping that will help as well.  I sent out a DV letter and haven't heard anything it's been 3 weeks  soon time for me to demand deletion hoping that will be something else in my favor.  Trying to folloew as much advice as I get from the forums thanks guy's.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.