cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will odering a FICO Score/Credit Report from this website lower my score?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks.
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Re: Will odering a FICO Score/Credit Report from this website lower my score?

As far as I understand it, looking at your own CR from any of the agencies does not affect your score, no matter how many time you do it.

If it did, some of the folks here would have negative scores  Smiley Very Happy
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 2 of 11
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Message 3 of 11
fused
Moderator Emeritus

NO, NO, NO!!!!!!!!!!!
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

No :-) Do as often as you like.

Message Edited by ilovepizza on 05-23-2007 12:58 PM
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just found out today with my American Express card that they now have a credit monitoring service-free trial first month, 11.99 a month thereafter... they update you every month with all three credit scores...not too much too spend. And no, if you pull your own credit report it is a soft hit and will not affecct your credit score.  Smiley Tongue
Message 6 of 11
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

knight67 wrote:
I just found out today with my American Express card that they now have a credit monitoring service-free trial first month, 11.99 a month thereafter... they update you every month with all three credit scores...not too much too spend. And no, if you pull your own credit report it is a soft hit and will not affecct your credit score.  Smiley Tongue

Remember, those AMEX scores are not your true scores.
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am confused...they report from the three major credit reporting agencies...if these are not my correct scores...what is? They were from EX, EQ, and TR.....
Message 8 of 11
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

knight67 wrote:
I am confused...they report from the three major credit reporting agencies...if these are not my correct scores...what is? They were from EX, EQ, and TR.....

Have you read?

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

They do not report. They retrieve copies or picture images of your credit report files. Since they only take copies there is no hard inquiries. You may find a notation in the history log on your credit files that this action was done, but ONLY you are able to see that as the "owner" of the credit file. Creditors DO NOT see everything that you can see. I retrieved 45 copies of my credit reports in past months. It's more like a photo copy, doesn't modify the original. When a bank looks at your credit report, they are not your the "owner". That is the difference. When you apply for credit your name "is not" on the credit request. It is the business name "Bank Name". Had the business used "YOUR NAME" (illegal for someone other than you to do that) then their would be no negative hard inquiry.

Another example... and how it works more or less.
Points off - This "Business Name" is requesting a credit evaluation for "Your Name" to specifically apply for new credit.

This site here lets you get copies in your name. So it is ignored. And only you can do this no one else.
Ignored - I myself "Your Name" is requesting a credit "copy" for I myself "Your Name"

That should clear everything up. :-)
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.