cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

chapter 7 falling off in December this year-Score increase?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

chapter 7 falling off in December this year-Score increase?

My chapter 7 will be exactly 10 years old this December and hoping to see an increase across the board in credit scores.

I have read online that your score could go up 50 plus points which would be wonderful! Has anyone out there have experience with this and what kind of score increase did you have? Thank you!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
TJHOFF
Established Member

Re: chapter 7 falling off in December this year-Score increase?

I filed in Nov 2011 so 10 years also for me coming up BUT strangely enough I just got my bump and Public Record removal a few days ago from Experian (through) their website 726 to 754 and same w/ TU +73 point jump to 791 through CreditWise (TU Discover FICO8 is 761). Credit Karma has EQ at 796 but that is not reflected yet on EQ's website (724 now).

Maybe someone else can answer why early but it was a very nice surprise.

Message 2 of 6
Duke_Nukem
Established Contributor

The big 3 can sometimes remove the BK accounts early.  It's called Early Exclusion (shortened to "EE" on MyFico most of the time).  The typical timeframes for EE are:

• Transunion (TU) at 6 months from filing date
    • You can ask for EE yourself by doing an online dispute.  Many of us had immediate removal of BK by going this route.
  • Experian (EX) at 3 months from filing date
    • From what I've read on here, you have to call EX and talk to a Supervisor to ask for EE and it is a hit or miss type of thing.
  • Equifax (EQ) at 1 month from filing date
    • Not worth the effort to ask for this one, especially since many people have ended up having problems and unexpected issues arise when contacting EQ for the early removal.  Highly recommended to leave this one alone and let it drop naturally.

For my DW and I, we filed BK7 in Jan 2012.  We both filed online disputes with TU this past July or August and asked for early removal.  Instant removal, and our scores jumped significantly.  I've been very active with acquiring new accounts and letting high balances sit on 0% offers (doing home improvements and such), so I didn't see the huge jumps my DW did.  I think I gained 20ish points, while she went from 750 to 820's on TU.

I haven't attempted an EE with EX, but just got the notification TODAY that both of our BK7 were dropped!  I gained a whopping 4 points on my EX Fico 8 Smiley LOL.  But I did gain nearly 50 points on my EX Fico 2 (mortgage score)!  My DW on the otherhand gained 67 points on her EX8!

Good luck!

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you very much for the info! I will try those things for sure!

Message 4 of 6
itzateach
Regular Contributor

My 10 year falls off December 4th of this year. Experian dropped mine a few days ago with a 68 point increase. The other two haven't done anything and I have debated calling or just waiting LOL...might try calling transunion tomorrow. I am just looking  at 22 days now.

Message 5 of 6
LP007
Frequent Contributor

Depends on your debt ration in my experience. I remeber one time I had zero debt when I disputed my EX BK7 and I saw my score jump 45 points. But then my credit repair guy did somthing stupid and EX put the BK7 back on my report and it dropped 45 points.Smiley Frustrated

But when the BK7s fell off naturally when I had 50%+ debt ratio, I saw low 30's increase.

Look at my signature, you can see my early exclusion dates on the different CRAs. EQ just fell off a month early on its own.

~Cheers 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.