Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

deleted collection

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

deleted collection

if a collection is deleted about how much of an increase in my score could i expect if any?. Just got off phone with Creditor (DishNetwork). about my account being sent to collections back in 2003. They  could not find anything on it and had me call CA to get account number.  It is same account and Dish said they would call the collections and get it taken care of, and notify me when they do. I asked how my or why my account was sent to CA, i have been customer over 8 years. they said it was probably someone else's put on mine?. wish i would of called months ago when i first pulled credit report.
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: deleted collection

Depends on how old it is and how much of a hit you took when it showed up.  The last deleted collection got me 50 points.
Message 2 of 10
antredd67
Contributor

WOW! That's good to know Brammy, hopefully when my Pacific Bell collection is removed I can see the same point gain.
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

antredd67 wrote:
WOW! That's good to know Brammy, hopefully when my Pacific Bell collection is removed I can see the same point gain.

That's weird.  Mine was also a Bell account.  Showed Att wireless which I never had.  I have heard of a lot of people having this kind of issues since the merger.

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is weird I have an ATT collection on my credit report saying I owe $58 and they will not remove it, so I sent a letter to the CA. Now when that was put on my credit I did take 60 point hit , so maybe I will get that back yeah. The weird thing about my account is that I still have the same number and address that they say went to collections, now everyone knows that if you do not pay your phone bill they will disconnect services. When I called the CA I got some nasty attitude woman trying to explain to me that "SBC/ATT is a billion dollar company and you are calling us about $58, they don't need or care about that little change". WTF!!! She was rude, I was pissed so I hung up.
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

jaybee wrote:
That is weird I have an ATT collection on my credit report saying I owe $58 and they will not remove it, so I sent a letter to the CA. Now when that was put on my credit I did take 60 point hit , so maybe I will get that back yeah. The weird thing about my account is that I still have the same number and address that they say went to collections, now everyone knows that if you do not pay your phone bill they will disconnect services. When I called the CA I got some nasty attitude woman trying to explain to me that "SBC/ATT is a billion dollar company and you are calling us about $58, they don't need or care about that little change". WTF!!! She was rude, I was pissed so I hung up.

Same thing here.  When I called they told me it was a land line so I asked about the dates of service.  It was theexact same dates of service that my current phone was under.  Never had two phones in my life.  They kept trying to insinuate that I had a second line for internet and I'm like, 'Never been a fan of dial-up, have had broadband since it came out with the same company, want proof?' I'm like WTH?  I tried calling and negotiating and begging and pleading.  Finally I went to the FTC and filed and online complaint and within 30 days it was gone.

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wonder if age also has something to do with it. If you have a collection account it is suppose to have less of an impact on your score over time. I would think the sooner you catch it the higher the impact but then again since fico is based on numerous factors you can still have other things going on at the time of the deletion making it seem higher or lower than just that one event i.e. aging of accounts, balances lowering it is a very complex world this FICO thing we all have grown to love.Robot Happy
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

LadyFICO wrote:
I wonder if age also has something to do with it. If you have a collection account it is suppose to have less of an impact on your score over time. I would think the sooner you catch it the higher the impact but then again since fico is based on numerous factors you can still have other things going on at the time of the deletion making it seem higher or lower than just that one event i.e. aging of accounts, balances lowering it is a very complex world this FICO thing we all have grown to love.Robot Happy

Age definitely has a lot to do with it.  I have had collections that were IIB fall off and because those fall off seven years after DOFD, I harrdly noticed a twinge in my FICO score.Smiley Sad

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got an AT&T wireless collection and have never had at&t account, CA is palisades and another is Bureau collection recovery i believe is there name. it's double reported and i've disputed but its still there. it is kinda odd that others have same thing reported for accounts they never had, mine showed up in 2004/05.
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had a palisades I called and was on hold for almost an hour was worth it they couldn't validate and deleted the trade line also, I had them to send it to me in writing. I heard they can be a bear but my experience was a positive one.
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.