Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

deleted inquires

tag
babbles
Established Contributor

deleted inquires

To my understanding, inquires could impact your scores negatively but what about when they are deleted? I had 13 inquires deleted for this year alone in one shot through an online dispute that I did but my scores didn't change? Anyone have an idea why?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: deleted inquires

Inquires and New Credit only account for 10% of your score. They also only count in the FICO formula for the last 1 year even though they stay on the credit report for 2 years.

I hope this is enough information to answer your question.

@babbles wrote:
To my understanding, inquires could impact your scores negatively but what about when they are deleted? I had 13 inquires deleted for this year alone in one shot through an online dispute that I did but my scores didn't change? Anyone have an idea why?

Message 2 of 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: deleted inquires

Yes, true that inquiries only count on your score for one year, but remain on your report for two years because potential creditors use your report to make credit decisions, and not just your raw score.  FICO score is just one indicator, and few execpt the simplist decisions are made by looking only at the score number.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.