cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

denied for Capital one Secured CC question.

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Frequent Contributor

denied for Capital one Secured CC question.

so i just got denied for the secured credit card from capital one.  i dont understand how im suppose to build credit if i cant even get approved for a secured card.  i have a 545 587 550 credit scores.    any suggestions?

FICO 8 10-17-2016 Equifax 634, Transunion 673, Experian 631

Quicksilver one, Cap1 Secured, Amazon Prime, DiscoverIT, Best Buy Visa, Paypal SC, Walmart Store, VicSecret, Jcrew, Gamestop, Barclays Apple, Target, Eddie Bauer, Overstock
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Regular Contributor

Re: denied for Capital one Secured CC question.

they denied me a secured card last year too.

SDFCU has a secured card with no hard credit pull if you apply over the phone. You have to joint the credit union first but that's not a hard pull either. It's a no annual fee card.

Open Sky from Capitol Bank has a no hard pull card. The card reports as a regular credit card and not a secured card. It has an annual fee tho.

Message 2 of 5
Valued Contributor

And your in with state dept federal is thru the american consumer council. Use promo code CONSUMER to avoid even the 10 dollar donation to join ACC. 

I've got some cards, got my house and got some scores with a 7 in front. Now what? Oh yea, live some of that life stuff.
Message 3 of 5
Valued Contributor

@moneyshot23 wrote:

so i just got denied for the secured credit card from capital one.  i dont understand how im suppose to build credit if i cant even get approved for a secured card.  i have a 545 587 550 credit scores.    any suggestions?

What is on your CR? 

"I am become death, the destroyer of worlds"
Message 4 of 5

Try Open Sky and SDFCU.....

Here is the secured card database link

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/Secured-Cards-Database/td-p/3846302

"If there's a lack of money in your life, understand that feeling worried, envious, jealous, disappointed, discouraged, doubtful or fearful about money can never bring more money to you, because those feelings come from a lack of gratitude for the money you have."

"Reactions are powerful creators because they contain every element needed to manifest—they're a combination of thought, belief, and feeling in action. Positive reactions create more positive things, and negative reactions create more negative things. If you can respond to negative situations calmly and lightly, instead of with emotional turbulence, what happens next in your life will be so much better."

- Rhonda Byrne

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.