Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

equifax

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

equifax

i just went to zero balances and eq is still the same.  i just simply can't move it except if i use 1000 of my credit line they will move it down. i can't tell how much my 1999 bk hurts me with them.  you can't talk to them.  any advice?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Re: equifax

@Anonymous wrote:
i just went to zero balances and eq is still the same. i just simply can't move it except if i use 1000 of my credit line they will move it down. i can't tell how much my 1999 bk hurts me with them. you can't talk to them. any advice?

How many open accounts are reporting? BK from 1999 should not be hurting that much by now. Thin file is my guess.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

thin file?  i have no installments. I paid off car in  "04.  13 cc  7 open 6 closed.  but closed keep reporting. they
do keep telling me an installment would help me  but why?
thanx for input.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

How many of the open CC have a balance?

In the mix of credit-FICO likes to see a mortgage-
If no mortgage they like to see 1 open installment account at least 6 months old paid down to 50% of original balance-

Even if this is a signature loan from your bank, auto loan or Student loan. It does not like Consumer finance accts though.

@Anonymous wrote:
thin file? i have no installments. I paid off car in "04. 13 cc 7 open 6 closed. but closed keep reporting. they
do keep telling me an installment would help me but why?
thanx for input.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

i don't owe anything on ccs.  getting ready to retire. car paid. no plans to make any major purchases. i guess im stuck with that equifax score unless i buy a car or house or take out a loan. bummer.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.