Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

experian dispute resolution

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

experian dispute resolution

My credit was run jan. 24th for a mortgage and my EQ fico scire was 685.I had a collection in 2009 and my utilization was 46%.I paid down my cards to a 7% utilization and I disputed the collection with equifax and transunion.they both reported 3 days later that the collection will be deleted.I then ran my experian and the collection was no longer theee (it was present when my mortgage application was run).I called experian and asked how come it was deleted if I never dispured the account and they never gave an answer! Is anybody familiar with hiw this could happen.just worried that it can pop back on my report before my mortgage closes nay 15th.my EQ from myfico now stands at 782.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: experian dispute resolution

When you dispute with the CRAs they have to notify the furnisher of the information.  It is possible the furnisher deleted it from EX because they could not verify its accuracy.

Any item removed due to a dispute can be re-inserted if the furnisher provides verification of the debt. Or anyone trying to re-insert it for that matter.  As long as they can prove to the CRA it is a valid account.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I see.thanks for the feedback.so is the collection agency the only entity that can remove entries from your report (in a case like mine).just trying to put two and two together that if this is infact the case, the likelihood of it coming back would be low.also, my mortgage credit report (the one they sent me in the mail) says my equifax report is a beacon 5.0.how different is that from the score I got from myfico?
Message 3 of 5
guiness56
Epic Contributor

No, the CRA could delete also.

The Beacon 5 is the same as from here, also known as FICO04.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I appreciate it guiness56.thank you
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.