Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fico

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

fico

ok my question is when you get your fico score i get from here the same that when my mortgage lender pulls my credit reports. I guess I dont want any surprises....
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Regular Contributor

Re: fico

It depends. For my husband and I, our EQ score that we pulled from myFico was the same. Since we can't pull our EX report we had nothing to compare that to. For TU, my TU score was a little higher (by a few pts.) than what I pulled from myFico, but my husbands was around 30 points lower.

I still think its worth pulling your scores here to get a general idea of where your scores are. 

Good luck!

Message 2 of 11
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

It depends. For my husband and I, our EQ score that we pulled from myFico was the same. Since we can't pull our EX report we had nothing to compare that to. For TU, my TU score was a little higher (by a few pts.) than what I pulled from myFico, but my husbands was around 30 points lower.

I still think its worth pulling your scores here to get a general idea of where your scores are. 

Good luck!

Your lender likely used a TU 04 score. What is sold here and on transunioncs.com is the TU 98. They will differ, and consumers can't buy the TU 04.

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

My lender uses the TRU01..is that different from the the fico score on here..

they pulled my transunion which is my middle score of 613

myfico.com is saying now my score is 632.

they pulled it on 1/8 and i pulled from here on 1/15...

so is this accurate?

Message Edited by Mommaof4 on 01-16-2010 11:26 AM
Message 4 of 11
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

My lender uses the TRU01..is that different from the the fico score on here..   Yes, it is likely different. I don't know what TRU01 is, but I'm hoping one of the experts will come along and tellus.

they pulled my transunion which is my middle score of 613

myfico.com is saying now my score is 632.

they pulled it on 1/8 and i pulled from here on 1/15...Different dates can make a difference if any of the elements changed in the meantime.

so is this accurate?   It very well could be.

ETA: You may want to ask about the TRU01 in the Mortgage forum. There are loan officers there who will know what is included in that report and how it might differ from what you can pull here.

Message Edited by LynetteM on 01-16-2010 02:31 PM
Message 5 of 11
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

Was this report from Innovis?

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

yes from CBC Innovis...Whats the difference...

now my fico score on eqiufax was the same on here as when she pulled it...

Message 7 of 11
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

yes from CBC Innovis...Whats the difference...

now my fico score on eqiufax was the same on here as when she pulled it...

I'm trying to understand the difference myself. CBC Innovis is one of the companies that does a trimerge report. Mortgage lenders use these reports. That's where they take reports from all 3 credit reporting agencies and merge the results and provide the 3 scores. Apparently Innovis uses the same EQ model as used here, but their TU scoring must have a different model.

There are a lot of FICO models out there, and each will come up with a different score. Have you asked to see your trimerge report to see if there are any mistakes being reported? I believe you have a right to see a copy. If they simply use a different scoring model, there's not much to do about that. By using your reports you can get advice here on how to bring your scores up.

Message Edited by LynetteM on 01-17-2010 06:11 AM
Message 8 of 11
Regular Contributor

My lender pulled our reports and scores using CBC Innovis as well. I asked my loan officer for a copy of my report so I could see everything that was on the report and the scores. For Equifax it says EFX 01 Beacon 5.0 Score which apparently is the same score that we can pull ourselves through myFICO. For Tranunion it says TRU 01 Classic Score which apparently isn't the same score you can see here unfortunately.
Message 9 of 11
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
My lender pulled our reports and scores using CBC Innovis as well. I asked my loan officer for a copy of my report so I could see everything that was on the report and the scores. For Equifax it says EFX 01 Beacon 5.0 Score which apparently is the same score that we can pull ourselves through myFICO. For Tranunion it says TRU 01 Classic Score which apparently isn't the same score you can see here unfortunately.

Thanks for the clarification cass. As if it isn't confusing enough without all the fake scores out there (Vantage, PLUS, TransRisk, etc.), there are a lot of different models of even the true FICO scores, and they can differ. Ugh...

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.