getting my score up quick

Slabenstein
Established Contributor

Re: getting my score up quick

@jduke wrote:

I have a $12,500 limit... $451.30 balance last reported

$800 limit..last reported $37.58 balance

$4500 limit..last reported 560.73 balance

$4500 limit...419.30 last reported balance (capital one paid down was $4400ish previous month reported.

ran credit with mortgage

$800 limit...$741.36 last reported

that's basically last month's timeline.

I do have a mattress firm card that has like $750 limit that had a $0 balance for a few months now

Okay, thanks for the clarification.  If the 633 EX2 is from when the Cap1 was at 97% util and the 598 EX2 is from when the $741.36/$800 reported, then the score decrease isn't related to highest individual util, which actually went down by like 5%.  I don't know as much about the mortgage scores as I do FICO8's, but if you want to post a more complete picture of your profile (e.g. balance, limit, and date opened for all accounts, open and closed, on both pull dates) we can help you look for other likely causes.

With regards to your current mortgage scores, your 608 EQ5 is actually your middle score atm, so that's the one a rate would be based on.

Message 21 of 24
jduke

I have a $12,500 limit... $451.30 balance last reported  ---- opened 11/18

$800 limit..last reported $37.58 balance  -- opened 2/12

@Slabenstein wrote:

@jduke wrote:

I have a $12,500 limit... $451.30 balance last reported

$800 limit..last reported $37.58 balance

$4500 limit..last reported 560.73 balance

$4500 limit...419.30 last reported balance (capital one paid down was $4400ish previous month reported.

ran credit with mortgage

$800 limit...$741.36 last reported

that's basically last month's timeline.

I do have a mattress firm card that has like $750 limit that had a $0 balance for a few months now

Okay, thanks for the clarification.  If the 633 EX2 is from when the Cap1 was at 97% util and the 598 EX2 is from when the $741.36/$800 reported, then the score decrease isn't related to highest individual util, which actually went down by like 5%.  I don't know as much about the mortgage scores as I do FICO8's, but if you want to post a more complete picture of your profile (e.g. balance, limit, and date opened for all accounts, open and closed, on both pull dates) we can help you look for other likely causes.

With regards to your current mortgage scores, your 608 EQ5 is actually your middle score atm, so that's the one a rate would be based on.

$4500 limit..last reported 560.73 balance  -- opened 7/13

$4500 limit...419.30 last reported balance (capital one paid down was $4400ish previous month reported.  -- opened 2/08

ran credit with mortgage

$800 limit...$741.36 last reported --- opened 2/14

Message 22 of 24
Slabenstein
Established Contributor

Thanks again.  Can you answer the following questions:

-When you say those are the balances last reported, do you mean they coincide with the 598 EX2 pull?  Can you also list your reported balances on the date of the 633 EX2? 

-Do you have any open installment accounts?  If so, what were the original loan amounts and what were the balances on each of the two dates?

-Do you have any closed accounts, and, if so, are they on your EX reports for both pull dates?  A closed account falling off of reports and changing aging metrics is one thing that can cause surprise score changes.

-Do you have any reporting derogatories other than the COs and the recent 30d?

-What were your number of inquiries on EX for each of the two pull dates?

I asked for the account open dates b/c aging-related scorecard reassignment is another thing that can cause surprise score changes, but with charge-offs and a late in the last two years, I think you'd still just be on a dirty scorecard for mortgage scores, so we probably don't need to look at that any further.

Message 23 of 24
BrutalBodyShots
Super Contributor

Paying down that near maxed out $800 card and bringing multiple other cards to $0 balances should help your mortgage scores a decent chunk.

Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.