Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

inquiries

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

inquiries

in the last two weeks i've gotten 2 inquiries on old accounts (41/2 yrs) providian and capital one. should i respond to them by disputing them or should I try a goodwill letter to the original creditor?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: inquiries

unc592 wrote:
in the last two weeks i've gotten 2 inquiries on old accounts (41/2 yrs) providian and capital one. should i respond to them by disputing them or should I try a goodwill letter to the original creditor?

I assume these accounts are yours? If so, both CCCs have PP (permissible purpose) to pull your credit? Are these accounts reporting anything adverse...late payments, etc.? Are they closed?
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: inquiries

Are these Hard or soft inquiries?  If they are soft there is nothing you can do about it because they have PP as th previous poster said.  Hard inquiries are another matter.  Hard inquiries are inquiries generated by you for the request for a extension of credit.  If you have not applied for a CLI or any other credit I woudl disopute the hard inquiries if they are affecting your score.  If not they are really more headache than they are worht.  Especially with experian and I have had no one have success with experian except in cases where they claimed fraud.

I successfully disputed an inquiry when a car loan I had paid off had not reported in three months. I had arelatonship nd they had a right to review my report but no right to a hard as I had not requested credit.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.