Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

manipulating minutia...round 2

tag
tcbofade
Super Contributor

manipulating minutia...round 2

OK, here's this months science project...

Last month, I rearranged payments and made sure that none of DW's accounts reported over 80%.  Her scores came up 26, 32, and 32 points.

This month, it's my turn.

I don't have the cash to get them all under 80%, but will have the cash to get them all under 90%.

(I have several paid to zero, and an overall util of 61.8% currently.)

Currently, my TU is 640, and EX Fako is 670.

I'll update this at the end of September....

02/01/24 Fico 8: EX 757, EQ 803, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 760 12/16/23, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
atarvuzdar
Established Contributor

Re: manipulating minutia...round 2

Those are nice bumps in your DW's scores! Congratulations, and good luck with your own endeavor!

FICO 8: EQ 846 / TU 836 / EX 832
AMEX Platinum / BofA Cash Rewards Visa Sig $99,900 / Chase CSR $43,400 / Citi Double Cash $39,600 / AMEX EveryDay $30,000 / Discover It $26,000 / Gemini $25,000 / JetBlue $25,000 / Chase Freedom Unlimited $22,500
Message 2 of 8
Quips
Regular Contributor

@tcbofade wrote:

OK, here's this months science project...

Last month, I rearranged payments and made sure that none of DW's accounts reported over 80%.  Her scores came up 26, 32, and 32 points.

This month, it's my turn.

I don't have the cash to get them all under 80%, but will have the cash to get them all under 90%.

(I have several paid to zero, and an overall util of 61.8% currently.)

Currently, my TU is 640, and EX Fako is 670.

I'll update this at the end of September....

Great info - congrats to the DW on the score increase

One item to remember as a variable is number of cards carrying balances - my experience has been that over 50% of them carrying balances will lower my FICO score.  Would love to see you research that one in the coming months

FICO: EQ 769, TU 762 , EX ???

Message 3 of 8
GregB
Valued Contributor

Are any of her scores a FICO?

The problem is that you seem to be monitoring FAKO scores and they move around a lot compared to FICO scores.

Is the TU a FICO?

Over the last two years, I get almost 3 times the movement in most FAKOs compared to FICO. Just look at CK and see how often the score changes and how often the TransRisk and Vantage move differently, even in opposite directions for the same account change.

Message 4 of 8
tcbofade
Super Contributor

@GregB wrote:

Are any of her scores a FICO?

The problem is that you seem to be monitoring FAKO scores and they move around a lot compared to FICO scores.

Is the TU a FICO?

Over the last two years, I get almost 3 times the movement in most FAKOs compared to FICO. Just look at CK and see how often the score changes and how often the TransRisk and Vantage move differently, even in opposite directions for the same account change.

Two of them are FICO.  Wallymart TU08, and a Discover denial EQ.

The EX is a fako...it's what we've got...

02/01/24 Fico 8: EX 757, EQ 803, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 760 12/16/23, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 5 of 8
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

If you were comparing the EQ FICO from here one month, to the one Discover gave you, unfortunately that's likely not a valid comparison as Discover almost certainly pulls a credit-enhanced industry option these days.  AFAIK all the major lenders have adopted the Bankcard score.

Wally TU -> Wally TU is a representative sample, and a nice boost to be sure!

        
Message 6 of 8
tbolt2
Contributor

My experience:

08/01   80% Util  646   EQ MyFICO   14 accounts total        12 with balances, several accounts maxed with 90%+ util on indvidual cards

09/01   20% util  694    EQ MyFICO   15 accounts total          5 with balances, no maxed accounts, all with balances at 50% of CL or lower except one

Starting Score: 534 11/09
Current Score: FICO 652 05/11
Goal Score: 700+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 7 of 8
BBallRain
Established Member

very cool 

Starting Scores (Lender Pull 7/12)
EX 500 TU 577 EQ 595

Current Scores
EX 678 (LP 9/13) TU 679 (LP 9/13) EQ 664 (myFico 10/13)

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.