cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my TU is finally clean! anticipated result?

tag
peepers
Frequent Contributor

my TU is finally clean! anticipated result?

My foreclosure from 2007 and a 2007 collection fell off and were my 2 last baddies. So when one goes from a flawed to clean report, what has happened to others in this situation score wise?
AMEX Green charge NPSL | NFCU Cashrewards Visa Sig $25,000 | NFCU Navcheck $15,000 | AMEX Everyday $15,000 | Discover IT $19,000 | Amex BCP $18,000 | Cap1 Quicksilver $5000 | Firestone $2,400 I Amex Oasis Optima (recovery card) $500 (closed July 2014)
MyFICO: TU 780, EQ 785 EX 776 Discover TU FICO 780. Rebuilt from 500's....closed on home May 2015!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
lecorps4fun
Valued Member

Re: my TU is finally clean! anticipated result?

Congrats! I too want to know the answer.

Message 2 of 6
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

I know this isn't for TU, but i recently had an Charge off fall off my experian , and my score went up by about seventy points or so . I do have an fair amount of inq that may be holding me back i think seven or eight just last year. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 3 of 6
peepers
Frequent Contributor

well even though I know the TU model you can purchase here at myfico isn't used much in the real world, I did bite the bullet and purchase/update my score and it went up to 773, from 707. I also have a recent inquiry set to come off as NFCU erroneously pulled and are requesting it removed. Im mainly concerned about rebucketing.
AMEX Green charge NPSL | NFCU Cashrewards Visa Sig $25,000 | NFCU Navcheck $15,000 | AMEX Everyday $15,000 | Discover IT $19,000 | Amex BCP $18,000 | Cap1 Quicksilver $5000 | Firestone $2,400 I Amex Oasis Optima (recovery card) $500 (closed July 2014)
MyFICO: TU 780, EQ 785 EX 776 Discover TU FICO 780. Rebuilt from 500's....closed on home May 2015!

Message 4 of 6
AeroKrix
Frequent Contributor

@peepers wrote:
My foreclosure from 2007 and a 2007 collection fell off and were my 2 last baddies. So when one goes from a flawed to clean report, what has happened to others in this situation score wise?

When a baddies falls off one's report, it can have a very positive outlook from a prospective lenders point of view, given that it's the only baddie listed. Nevertheless, the effect of the baddies has already taken its negative impact on your score the day it was listed on your report. As the derog ages, it's impact is less significant and the score moves incrementally upwards, assuming nothing else changes in the report...no new accounts, inquires, etc.. But as real life has it, our reports can change drastically over the months and well into years, and thus the derog's impact is lost somewhere in the mix.

but, as I've said, as time goes by, the impact is less against your score. But, any derog, no matter how old, can still be a negative factor against you when applying for any type of credit. I've had a negative listing used against me in a CC app, even tho it was a few months shy of The 7 1/2 year mark of falling off. That's where recon comes in handy, but that's for another topic.

anyways, it's wonderful that your report will be squeaky clean once those derog's come off. But I wouldn't expect a point jump of >100, since, by the look at your scores now, the derogs have no instrumental impact on your score whatsoever. However, a person with scores well below 600 can see a great jump, regardless of how long ago it's been. That's what happened to me. I had so many CO's on my report that adding anything positive was impossible. Had to wait till they aged or fell off till I was able to build. When negatives fell off, I saw my score jump from 450s to high 500's within a year...without adding anything to my report, except the negative listings being removed.

Current 09/01/2021 EQ - 515 FAKO ; EX - 591 FICO ; TU - 598 FICO

Venmo CC $5.0K || Paypal Cashback CC $2.0K || Walmart CC $3.0K || CapOne QS1 $700 || CapOne QS $800 || Mission Lane $1.5K || Merrick $1.0K || AMEX Optima $500
Message 5 of 6
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

When my one and only baddie dropped off my average score increase was 51 points

The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.