Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

myFico score watch question

tag
MarieSmiles4
Valued Member

myFico score watch question

Does anyone know why my, myFico doesn't update as fast as my Credit Karma?   As of today my Credit Karma was reporting my  $0 balances on 7 of my 9 credit cards.  The myFico score watch hasn't updated any of that yet.  Also with Credit Karma my score has gone up about 34 points since reporting these payoffs.  I know there scoring model isn't completely accurate, but I would think myFico would update around the same time, and hopefully show a credit score increase.  Maybe it just takes a little more time, or does myFico not update daily??

Starting Score: 568
Current Score: EQ624, TU630 TU04 606, EX640
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: myFico score watch question

You're comparing a FAKO and a FICO. You're also comparing TU and EQ. While CCs might transmit info at the same time, all 3 won't typically update the same day. Finally, SW doesn't alert to dropped balances. However as a fallback, SW will monitor your Eq FICO for changes every 7-10 days (not daily). If your new EQ FICO hit or exceeded the target score found within settings then you'll get alerted.

Message 2 of 4
MarieSmiles4
Valued Member

THANK YOU! Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 568
Current Score: EQ624, TU630 TU04 606, EX640
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 4
foofighter74
Established Contributor

As an example, my wife got a scorewatch alert that her Equifax score had gone up 6 points.  When we actually pulled the full credit report the same day, literally a minute or so after that score updated, her score went up another 17 points.  Scorewatch does not pull your credit every day...it says that specifially when you sign up.

In addition, the information that had been reported to Equifax to cause my wife's 23 point jump had not yet been updated to her Transunion report. That report was not updated for another 2 or 3 days. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.