Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

myfico late payment error

tag
Yanzi2002
Established Member

myfico late payment error

I just subscribed to myfico score watch and it shows a recent late payment within the last month. I'm unable to find out which account reported a late payment. I only have 2 open accounts. One credit card and a car loan that was just paid off. My question is why would they be showing a recent late payment on score watch when I can't find any record of it? I'm hoping this isn't dragging my score down. Do I contact myfico or the CBs? I'm trying for a mortgage and can't let a mistake hold me back.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: myfico late payment error

@Yanzi2002 wrote:

I just subscribed to myfico score watch and it shows a recent late payment within the last month. I'm unable to find out which account reported a late payment. I only have 2 open accounts. One credit card and a car loan that was just paid off. My question is why would they be showing a recent late payment on score watch when I can't find any record of it? I'm hoping this isn't dragging my score down. Do I contact myfico or the CBs? I'm trying for a mortgage and can't let a mistake hold me back.

Look within your accounts page, including within the details of the accounts. What you want to look for is any older charged-off or collection account within the Accounts page that has a status or reported date of one month ago. Sometimes these baddies update monthly with added lates, even long after a charge-off, and that can reflect in the pos/neg items hurting your score.

Message 2 of 5
Yanzi2002
Established Member

I checked every last account and can't figure it out. No new activity. I guess I'm confused because I had score watch about 2 months ago and this didn't show up as an issue. Now it's stating a new late. My open accounts are in good standing
Message 3 of 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Look on the Accounts page of your FICO report. There's a red flag column. Look at every account that has a red flag within that column and I bet you'll find one with a recent date showing.

Message 4 of 5
Yanzi2002
Established Member

Turns out it was a charge off that I recently paid off. I wish I would've known at 21 what I know now. Capital one has reported me as late every month since July of 2007. The current date wasn't showing on score watch. I called myfico and they searched for the answer after equifax couldn't explain. Thanks for the help though!
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.