Did you mean: 

question about high credit lines excluded from FICO8 scoring

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: question about high credit lines excluded from FICO8 scoring

@lyTENciL wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

As far as how to box your increase in that range, I don't know. I know they haven't been giving over $4000 recently, I think. 

Oh that's right, those are the max SP DPs as of late iirc. Well I'll be sure to report if I'm in a position to give good data. I don't believe I'll pass any aging thresholds for some time. YRA=YA at 1mo, ORA=OA at 17y, AAoA is over 3y right now. In roughly 4 years that oldest account is going to drop off for being closed, then I'll be able to get some good DPs on aging metrics. Hopefully the world won't have ended and we all will still be around for that!

@lyTENciL what will your oldest account be when that one falls? yeah you seem good on aging metrics for a while. When you get ready for the CLI, we'll see what it looks like then, it may still be 4K and if it is, you might have to go twice, but maybe that will change depending on when you are ready to seek it. 

Message 61 of 79
lyTENciL
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous my oldest will be a revolver with 4+ years then (close to 5y). My AAoA would be close to that if I don't open any more accounts, but there's a snowballs chance in hell I don't, so can't predict that one very well.

FICO (12/22): EX8 838. TU8 826. EQ9 837.
Profile: Clean/thick/aged/new. Revolvers: 7 open, 1 closed. 1 Install.
AoOA/RA 20y. AAoA 4.5y. AoYA/RA 6m. TCL $128.3K.
Message 62 of 79
Anonymous
Not applicable

😂😂😂
Message 63 of 79
lyTENciL
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous btw my mortgage scores barely budged after adding new accounts, since I was already on a new account scorecard. Just as you predicted.

FICO (12/22): EX8 838. TU8 826. EQ9 837.
Profile: Clean/thick/aged/new. Revolvers: 7 open, 1 closed. 1 Install.
AoOA/RA 20y. AAoA 4.5y. AoYA/RA 6m. TCL $128.3K.
Message 64 of 79
Anonymous
Not applicable

@lyTENciL wrote:

@Anonymous btw my mortgage scores barely budged after adding new accounts, since I was already on a new account scorecard. Just as you predicted.

@lyTENciL Excellent, glad to hear that! I think we've narrowed down the threshold to between 14 and 17 months for new accounts on the mortgage scores, still searching for the exact threshold, though.

Hopefully someone will contribute, but if not, hopefully I'll find it soon. I'm at 14 months AoYRA. 

Message 65 of 79
Anonymous
Not applicable

What sort of mortgage score gain is seen when AoYRA reaches the threshold (14-17 months) on most profiles?  Is it similar to the 15-20 points often seen with scorecard reassignment on F8 in going from new account to no new account?

Message 66 of 79
Aim_High
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Aim_High wrote:  From my understanding, the AZEO bump is fairly small anyway, isn't it? If my FICO score 8's/9's are between 825 and 850, then the benefit from doing AZEO to maximize scores probably won't really make a huge difference in getting approved for credit or getting the best terms, would it? 
  • ...  you asked if the AZEO bump was minimal. Well, that all depends on where and in what condition the profile was before it was implemented
  • ...   "The effect of AZEO is directly proportional to the profile's distance from AZEO," to try to summarize and give a little aphorism for the matter. In other words, the closer you are to AZEO, the less points it's worth; the further you are from it, the more it's worth. 
  •  ... yes, it is a concept expressed to people on the cusp who need a few more points and others. You don't need any more points, that's why it's not directed to you. However, AZEO is the epitome of a profile optimized via the Amounts Owed metrics (over which one has control).
  • ...  at the other end of the spectrum, the antithesis would be a profile with every Amounts Owed Metric abused to its fullest, every account with a balance, Revolving utilization (aggregate & individual) maxxed, Revolving Balances extremely high, etc...
  • ... so really it depends on how you look at it, where are you are between AZEO and it's opposite, basically is the adjustable range of your score absent changing other metrics like grabbing new accounts or inquiries or taking late...
  • just keep in mind, AZEO is a optimization ideal. Whether you have to go that far depends on your starting point.

Thanks, @Anonymous, for that explanation of AZEO and it helps to put it into a different perspective.  Some of what I thought were your best quotes were condensed above and could be useful as a pinned post to the scoring forum! Smiley Happy

kudos_01.jpg

Business Cards

Length of Credit > 40 years; Total Credit Limits >$850K
Top Lender TCL - Chase 156.4 - BofA 99.7 - AMEX 95.0 - CITI 94.5 - NFCU 80.0
AoOA > 30 years (Jun 1993); AoYA (Aug 2023)
* Hover cursor over cards to see name & CL, or press & hold on mobile app.
Message 67 of 79
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

What sort of mortgage score gain is seen when AoYRA reaches the threshold (14-17 months) on most profiles?  Is it similar to the 15-20 points often seen with scorecard reassignment on F8 in going from new account to no new account?

looks like the EX2 threshold is 17 months:

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Understanding-FICO-Scoring/Aging-period-and-how-Fico-reacts/m-p/6222503#M182050

Message 68 of 79
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Aim_High thank you for the kind words!  I'm glad you found it enlightening.

The only thing that I think about a little further is maybe "directly proportional" isn't the proper characterization, because I don't think it's linear, but you understand the idea in context.

The further you are away from AZEO, the score drops; the closer you are, score increases and the point changes vary by version as well, where version 8 weighs utilization more heavily, the mortgage scores weigh accounts with a balance more heavily, but either way AZEO takes care of both, so it optimizes all versions. 

Message 69 of 79
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

looks like the EX2 threshold is 17 months:

Nice.  Has anyone identified where it is on TU4 or EQ5 yet? 

Message 70 of 79
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.