Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Unknown" status

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

"Unknown" status

Hello,

My mortgage has some "unknown" status on it with TU, but I have paid on time every single month.  With Experian and Equifax, I don't have unknown status and my scores is in the mid 600. But with TU, my score is 577. Does this affect my credit score?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: "Unknown" status

Did the report come from a credit monitoring service like TrueCredit or another 3-in-1 service? If so, ignore the status. I have loans reporting that show "Unknown" but in my FICO report it says "paid as agreed". Also, ignore the scores if they came from the same source as none of them are FICO scores.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I ran the report on myfico.com. TU came up with a score of 577 and Equifax gave me a score of 676. I'm just wondering why the big gap.....

Message 3 of 7
Booner72
Senior Contributor

Hello.  You got your TU score from here at MYFICO?  If you do, it's a FICO and that means something is UP for your TU - that's too big of a gap to just be "normal."

If you haven't already, get copies of all your reports from "annualcreditreport.com" and either print them out or save them to your computer for future reference.  These are hugely important to credit rebuilding bc they contain more dates and info than what you can get here.  (Score good here, report not that good but could be worse)...I digress.

Anyway, there is something on TU that is holding you back and you need to find out what it is.  It is very likely a very recent collection or major derog of some kind like a late payment (or worse).  It takes a lot to lose 100 points, from what I've read around here, at the score range you are at.  Now someone at the top 700's or even 800's could lose 100 points pretty easy, but not where you (and I ) are at.

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 4 of 7
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Ah...got it. I mentioned that because you said that your Experian was in the 600s. You can't buy your EX FICO from anywhere anymore, though a lender and some banks and CUs can still provide it for you.

Ditto. That is a big gap. One sign is pos/neg factors on the 2nd and 3rd page. Look also in the Glance page. Your scores will never match, but if baddies are reporting on one and not the other it'll give you an idea.

Message 5 of 7
AndySoCal
Valued Contributor

The unknown status is not hurting your score. Unknown means most likley the MOP field at TU is zoer or blank most likley zero. MOP manner of payment. Form your description is should be a value of  1. One means current. Call TU and find out what the value is and see if they can correct it.

FICO Scores XPN v8 802 V2 831 (SDFCU) TUC 803 v8 EFX 807 (10/2023)
Discover 09/90 19,000, JCPenney 10/2008 4,700 US Bank Cash 12,000 Citibank Custom Cash 5/2015 11,100 State Dept. FCU 15,000 06/2023 , 02/2024 Redstone FCU Signature VISA 10,000 Banking: Ally Bank Credit Unions: Lafayette FCU Fortera FCU State Department FCU Pelican CU

Pelican State CU Redstone FCU

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you everyone for their input! VERY helpful. I will definetly look into the issue and difference between the reports! =)

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.