Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

transunion.com and transunioncs.com???

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

transunion.com and transunioncs.com???

I called transunion to find out why I had a score of 865 when FICO only goes up to 850.  They said that they have their own system and do not use the FICO system, and that transunioncs.com is not the TU website; only transunion.com is.

So I am a bit confused as to the relationship between TU and FICO.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Re: transunion.com and transunioncs.com???

See:

Credit Scoring 101

What is the range of FICO scores?

FICO (aka Classic or BEACON) scores can range from 300 to 850, but the majority of scores usually fall within the 600s and 700s.

FICO, FAKO, HUH?

FICO, FAKO, Credit Score, PlusScore, ScoreX, Vantage are all the same right? WRONG!

FICO = The score lenders use and the only score you care about.

FAKO = Any score that isn't a FICO. Most people like to buy the ScoreWatch product because you can quite often get updates as to your current EQ FICO score. myFICO Identity Theft Security Deluxe is similar to Score Watch except that is monitors TU. There is no FICO monitoring service for all three credit reporting agencies.

and

TRUE CREDIT Vs MY FICO

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=ficoscoring&thread.id=676

The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I called transunion to find out why I had a score of 865 when FICO only goes up to 850. They said that they have their own system and do not use the FICO system, and that transunioncs.com is not the TU website; only transunion.com is.
So I am a bit confused as to the relationship between TU and FICO.

The scores you can purchase from the main TU website are based on a proprietary formula that TU uses (similar to scores offered on the EX website). These proprietary scores (known as FAKOs) are essentially useless, since lenders almost exclusively use FICO-based scores. EX and TU like to pretend their Vantage and Plus and TransRisk scores actually matter because they are in denial big-time. Smiley Happy

You can only purchase your TU classic FICO score from MyFico or from TransUnion Consumer Solutions (transunioncs dot com). I think TU regards transunioncs as their red-headed stepchild. They hate to talk about them because then they would have to admit the scores offered on their main website are rubbish.

I think most people who need to find out their classic FICO scores for an upcoming mortgage, auto loan, etc., just keep it simple and purchase one of the products from MyFico.com.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.