Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why are these scores so diff?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

why are these scores so diff?

Hi!     We've been plugging away since August trying to raise our scores to be final approved for the home we are building.  We've done/paid off everything our credit solutions (through builder) person has told us to do and I've been following our scores rise on credit check total but they just did a hard pull and middle score for my husband is 590.     On CCT I have 633/628/639 for him.     

My middle score is 668 but on CCT I have 621/630/670.     I know from reading on here that mortgage Scores vary but this seems like such a big variance.     

Any thoughts?    We still have till Feb for the final pull and feel confident we can raise his, but I'm guessing I should stop paying for CCT 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: why are these scores so diff?

CCT uses FICO 08 scores, which are not mortgage scores.  This is why your scores are different.  Some people report similar scores between the models, other see larger variances.  I see about 40 points difference (lower) when looking at my mortgage score compared to my FICO 08 score from the came bureau data.

Message 2 of 7
Fleuriste
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi!     We've been plugging away since August trying to raise our scores to be final approved for the home we are building.  We've done/paid off everything our credit solutions (through builder) person has told us to do and I've been following our scores rise on credit check total but they just did a hard pull and middle score for my husband is 590.     On CCT I have 633/628/639 for him.     

My middle score is 668 but on CCT I have 621/630/670.     I know from reading on here that mortgage Scores vary but this seems like such a big variance.     

Any thoughts?    We still have till Feb for the final pull and feel confident we can raise his, but I'm guessing I should stop paying for CCT 

There are different score versions that are accessed for different types of lenders.  My mortgage scores are currently 725/745/753, while my FICO 8 scores are 761/773/771.  I just did a refi in July, which is probably why my mortgages scores dropped.

Starting FICO 8's (7/2016) EQ 715|| TU 743 || EX 762
Current FICO 8's (10/2022) EQ 838|| TU 828|| EX 826
Goal FICO 8's: 780 across the board - Goal met 9/2018;
Next Goal FICO 8's: 800 across the board - Goal met 10/2022
Message 3 of 7
EAJuggalo
Established Contributor

If you want to know your mortgage scores the best place to get them is here at MyFICO.  FICO 08s can be quite a bit different as you've seen.

EX700 TU 704 EQ 694 4/03/22
Cap1 QS-$4,500 Chase Freedom Flex- $800 Chase Freedom Unlimited- $1,000 Victoria's Secret- $1,200 Citi DC- $800 Amazon Store Card- $3,500 AMEX Hilton Honors-$1,000 Discover It-$1,000 Wal-Mart MC $290 Chase Sapphire Preferred-$5,000 NFCU Flagship $13,800 AMEX BCE-$1,000 AMEX Gold-$5,000 AMEX Delta Blue $1,000 Lowe's $5,000 Navy Platinum $17,000 AMEX BBP $2,000
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you, makes sense to me now!   I must have missed all that in my reading on here. I'll cancel my CCT subscription and put that $$ towards the last cc we have to pay off 😀

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can always do CCT $1 trial memberships as needed.  There is no limit to how many you can do.  You could do one per month, every other month, or whatever you feel is sufficient.  You'll get your 3B reports and 3 FICO 08 scores two times with each $1 trial.  Just remember to cancel within the 7 day trial window and you'll be all set.

Message 6 of 7
DollyLama
Established Contributor

When you do obtain his mortgage scores, you can report them here for advice if it is not the middle score you had hoped for on him. 

Mine is like yours, higher on mortgage and lower on FICO 8.  Only a few months ago did the mortgage jump higher than my FICO 8. I had a derog medical collection of $34 hanging on (the last of a few I had but were able to get paid for deletes). Just my opinion, my FICO 8s are lower for me because my revolving credit age is barely at the 2 year mark one one approaching, and others a year and six months and not quite AZEO yet. My history on installments is higher by around 8 years. Clean files "knock wood" across all 3. 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.