cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why do I keep getting updates from TU, EX?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

why do I keep getting updates from TU, EX?

I sent a dispute on a SINGLE account to TU and EX.

Since then, about every 2 weeks, I get "updates" in the mail from them.  TU even deleted a legit, paid-off account that had a perfect pay history that I never said a word about dispute-wise!!  I'm concerned I'll HURT my ficos if they keep doing this!

I guess they assume I was disputing everything on the report, but I never said I was.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: why do I keep getting updates from TU, EX?

__________________________________________________________________________________
Joe77 wrote:

TU even deleted a legit, paid-off account that had a perfect pay history that I never said a word about dispute-wise!!  I'm concerned I'll HURT my ficos if they keep doing this!

___________________________________________________________________________________

This is a nightmare I dealt with TU with for 3 months. TU deleted two of my "paid as agreed" accounts, including an auto loan, because they only seem to pay attention to the last two digits in an account number. I happened to have three accounts ending in 47 and they deleted them all, when only one was to go.

If it's an account you want TU to restore, I'll share what I've learned....

Don't try to get it restored via online dispute or mailing a dispute. I tried both to no avail, and next thing I knew Experian had dropped the car loan too.

Call TU and ask for a supervisor. Tell them your last report date that had the account on it, that they deleted it by mistake and you want it restored. In my case, they put me through to the "Special Handling Department". After 30 days they restored the two accounts, but with an "UNRATED" status. Then I had to dispute the incorrect status and after ANOTHER 30 days, everything was finally fixed.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Since TU's provided reports have no score and are hard to read...I repulled through myfico.com.

My score dropped from 578 to 532...because they apparently took EVERY ACCOUNT I HAD and marked it "unrated or in bankruptcy" when they were not.  They f**ked up an entire year's worth of work.  I'm pissed.  Anyone got a phone number to call???
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

TU's number is 1-800-916-8800

Good luck, my friend, you'll need it. Even if the Bozos at TU made the mistake themselves, they will not fix them without input on the account status from the creditor. If the creditor doesn't respond to their inquiry, TU will delete.

I just found out the morons at TU deleted 3 MORE of my wife's 6-8 year old positive accounts and she took a 9 point hit. The explanation I got is they did an "automatic update" on all accounts an creditors did not verify. They want her to ask the creditors to report them again.

It's getting as difficult to keep positive information on these reports as it is making sure they report negatives properly. Congress needs to crack down on this credit report racket, but it won't happen, as the banks own Congress.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.