Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why experian so low

tag
sarkell
Frequent Contributor

why experian so low

So recently I appd boa better balance rewards denied recently deluquency 60 day late 2 montgs ago.

Anyways my score was 610.  Much lower than I thought exoerian is the best of my reports no judgement etc.  Could it be a cc enhanced score?  I do have 6 inquiries on exp but not listed as a denial reason my plus score is 703.  I've heard boa is cc enhanced explain a 57 point difference and equifax is my worst.

Cards: CSP $5k, Capital One Cash Rewards VS $3100, Discover it $3k Capital One MasterCard $600, Orchard Bank $3k, Barclays Rewards MC $1250 Gapcard $900, BR $300, Neiman Marcus $1k, Macys $1200 Walmart $500
In the garden until I can get a BCP

Starting Score: 534
Current Score: 682 EQ SW 660 TU 636 EX 3/26/13
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: why experian so low

It could be CC-enhanced. Did they publish a score range?

Message 2 of 5
sarkell
Frequent Contributor

No range I think if it had been same as equifax I could have had a shot. With score of 610 defintely not going to recon. Oh well.  Not applyiny for anything for a year.  hopefully what I have will grow.  

Cards: CSP $5k, Capital One Cash Rewards VS $3100, Discover it $3k Capital One MasterCard $600, Orchard Bank $3k, Barclays Rewards MC $1250 Gapcard $900, BR $300, Neiman Marcus $1k, Macys $1200 Walmart $500
In the garden until I can get a BCP

Starting Score: 534
Current Score: 682 EQ SW 660 TU 636 EX 3/26/13
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 5
Ficofreak78

I am also wondering why my EX plus score is soooo low... i have been playing this numbers game for months and it is frustration that the numbers are all over the place... trying to get home equity loan and getting all my numbers to the "magical 620"

Aug. 2012 TU Fico 586
Mar. 2013 TU Fico 656
EF Fico 614
EX 545
Message 4 of 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@Ficofreak78 wrote:

I am also wondering why my EX plus score is soooo low... i have been playing this numbers game for months and it is frustration that the numbers are all over the place... trying to get home equity loan and getting all my numbers to the "magical 620"

Experian's PLUS score factors in stuff that FICO does not, and vice versa. I wouldn't worry about it. Your FICO could easily much, much higher. ETA...now that doesn't preclude taking care of anything that could potentially be holding your FICO back like paying down/off revolving debt, taking the right steps to remove baddies, improving a mix of credit if needed, etc.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.