Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Firefox question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Another Firefox question

I use mainly Firefox, v 2.0.0.7. and I'm not able to start new paragraphs or list. They all are lumped into just one long paragraph. I have to use semicolon's to deliniate what should be a line break but cant figure out how to do that. I'm computer challenged(lol) but there must be a way. Any suggestions, anyone? Thanks
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Another Firefox question

@Anonymous wrote:
I use mainly Firefox, v 2.0.0.7. and I'm not able to start new paragraphs or list. They all are lumped into just one long paragraph. I have to use semicolon's to deliniate what should be a line break but cant figure out how to do that. I'm computer challenged(lol) but there must be a way. Any suggestions, anyone? Thanks

Scroll down to the very bottom of the text box, and look on the left. Is there a check box with a line that says "Automatically convert carriage returns to HTML line breaks"? If so, check that--that makes your paragraphs. On the bottom right, if you click "preview post", you can see if it works.

@Anonymous if you ever edit one of your posts, the "automatically convert" box unchecks, and it turns into one giant blob, including the original quote. I'm on Firefox, although courtesy of @#$% Vista, I can't find the version right off the bat.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 5
Raine
Established Contributor

Hauling got it right. That is a box I'd like to always see checked. I believe Lithium (the company who developed this boards) is aware of the issue. Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 5
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

From the way IE posters describe their screens, they have lots of goodies up at the top, where they're typing. Even if we can't get a graphical editor on the Firefox version, if Lithium would just put all the check boxes and whatnot up at the top, instead of at the bottom, it would be pretty spiffy. It gets wearing, especially on a laptop.

A response from an admin!! this makes me greedy, mm-bwa-ha-hah
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Many thanks you 2! I see the little box at the bottom left, have been checking it and it works! and I agree with you all, the little box needs to be checked permanently. What an improvement that would be Smiley Happy

ty you all Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.