cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blocking a forum member. Is it an option?

tag
TaperRandy
Regular Contributor

Blocking a forum member. Is it an option?

Out of curiosity, I have navigated to look for a blocking option. I see none. Are we subject to everyone, unequivocally...all of the time? 

EQ: 759 ; EXP: 797 ; TU: 758
BOA Cash Rewards:$27,000 ; BOA Business Cash Rewards:$30,000 ; AMEX PLATINUM BUSINESS-Open; Amex Business Blue- $30,000; AMEX Everyday Preferred: $30,000; Venture One:$11,750 ; QuickSilver:$10,500 ; CFU: $6,000 ; Home Depot: $15,000 ; Lowe's: $25,000 ; AMEX Business Plum: Open ; Discover It: $13,500; Elan Financial; $14,500; Citi Diamond Preferred-$11,000; CitiBusiness AAdvantage; $7,000; SYNC Welcome Home-$25,000
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Blocking a forum member. Is it an option?

@TaperRandy wrote:

Out of curiosity, I have navigated to look for a blocking option. I see none. Are we subject to everyone, unequivocally...all of the time? 

There is no option to block another poster.  You can put someone who sends you a PM on 'Ignore' but that just prevents them from sending you another message.  If you are having issues with another poster then you should notify a Moderator via PM or by filing an "Inappropriate Content' report on one of their posts.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well that seems like a glaring error in these days of online harassment and emboldened abusers. I just tried to block someone. No bueno.

Message 3 of 6
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Well that seems like a glaring error in these days of online harassment and emboldened abusers. I just tried to block someone. No bueno.

If you're having a problem with someone sending you abusive PMs, open the message, and on the lower left-hand corner click 'Report'.

I can assure you that it will be dealt with.

Message 4 of 6
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

As @UncleB and @Anonymous, have said....all you need to do is contact one of the Moderators, let them know who the poster is, and what exactly is going on (proof of harrassing emails, etc..) They will investigate the matter, and take the appropriate action.   We dont tolerate that kind of behavior here on the forums. Believe me, it will get dealt with.  Just send one of the Mods a private email, and go from there. 

Message 5 of 6
Pikaboo-icu
Valued Contributor

I'm gonna add my 2 pennies, even though nobody asked. LOL  0002cents.gif

I've been here since Feb I think and I've never seen an issue that needed "blocking".

Yes, there have been a few very small issues but the mods dealt with them faster than any other site to which I've ever belonged and let me tell ya, the list is LONG and diverse. 

As adults, I believe unless the situation is considerably egregious, we can just initiate our own "block" and keep it moving..

We can disagree and still remain civil- everyone is here because they enjoy helping others achieve their credit goals. That alone tells me the people here are top notch!

So be kind, be helpful, be understanding (many people asking for help are stressed and/or anxious) and just count it all joy.

There is a wide range of personalities here, some will clash but seriously- just let it roll off and bounce outta there.

Getting upset or angry does NOTHING to the person that has "offended" you, it only hurts YOU.

One never gives offense, it's only taken.

Have a lovely day and a VERY Merry Christmas!!!  xmas1wisemen.gif

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.