Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Continually getting logged out

tag
SoCalGardener
Valued Contributor

Continually getting logged out

I've looked through my settings and haven't found anything related to staying logged in. It seems like every time I turn around, I'm logged out again! Smiley Frustrated

Is there a setting I've missed?

Amazon Prime Store CardAmerican Express Blue Cash Preferred CardAmerican Express Everyday CardBank of America Customized Cash VisaCapitalOne Quicksilver MastercardCapitalOne Quicksilver VisaCapitalOne Walmart Rewards MastercardChevron Texaco CardCiti Double Cash MastercardDiscover More CardJCPenney Gold MastercardOverstock.com CardSportsmans Guide Rewards VisaSynchrony Home Card
5 REPLIES 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Continually getting logged out

There is a security feature on this board that automatically logs you out after a period of time. The board was experiencing fast logouts several weeks ago but it has been fixed and has not returned at least for myself. I am on a laptop, what device are you using? and how fast are we talking?

Message 2 of 6
SoCalGardener
Valued Contributor

I'm on a laptop, too. I don't know exactly how long I'm idle before getting booted--I haven't paid that much attention! I just know it seems like I'm constantly having to log back in!

Just FYI, I pop in and out all day on various forums; they're each in their own tab in my browser. I may spend 5, 10, 15 minutes on any one visit. This is the ONLY forum I have to log back in on--or log in at all, actually. All my others are automatically logged in when I fire up my browser.
Amazon Prime Store CardAmerican Express Blue Cash Preferred CardAmerican Express Everyday CardBank of America Customized Cash VisaCapitalOne Quicksilver MastercardCapitalOne Quicksilver VisaCapitalOne Walmart Rewards MastercardChevron Texaco CardCiti Double Cash MastercardDiscover More CardJCPenney Gold MastercardOverstock.com CardSportsmans Guide Rewards VisaSynchrony Home Card
Message 3 of 6
rbentley
Established Contributor

I visit the site I have a dozen times or more everyday. Each time I have to login. Because that's somewhat of a pain, I often just remain in guest mode. That is not really a problem other than my thread view history is not current.  I usually am only logged in when I am posting. I view the site easily 20 times more than my profile stats would show.

Message 4 of 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

A normal log out period for me is about 2 hours with an open window to MyFico, if I dont leave at least one window open then it happens pretty quick. When the system was having a problem with fast log out it could happen in as little as 5 minutes once I stopped moving around on the board. If this is still happening let me know and I will ask an admin to take a look,

Message 5 of 6
randian
Valued Member

A two-hour logout period is excessively aggressive. At least a week since the last access please, so moderate but consistent use never requires logging in ever time.

Even better, it should be a user-accessible setting, including "never log me out". My computers are not at risk of anybody making fake myFICO posts from my account on them, and if they get stolen the likelihood the thief is a myFICO aficionado is approximately nil.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.