Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create More Forums With Less Clutter

tag
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Create More Forums With Less Clutter

I would like myfico to create more specific forums, ones that are shorter and not a 100 pages long.  General Credit Questions Forum could be subdivided into one forum for each category, like this:

Credit Scoring 101
Credit Repair
Credit Cards
Mortgages/REFIs/foreclosing/HELOC
Loans (including personal, student and auto)
Collections/Charge-Offs
Bankruptcy/Tax Liens
Disputes/DV/MOV
Success Stories.

I feel this is necessary since this forum is not even four months old and we are closing in on 25 thousand posts.  It's becoming difficult to sift through all this.  Any forum I did not List?  Anyone agree? 

Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30
Raine
Established Contributor

Re: Create More Forums With Less Clutter

Hey Fused! Barry and myself have discussed on and off new boards that could be created. It's probably pretty safe to say we'll be breaking out into more forums in the near future. Smiley Happy

I think as far as "credit repair" goes, we may have to focus on a wording change for something like that, mainly because we don't want to accidentally encourage the wrong type of credit repair discussion.

The others sound good to me, though!

I'll be talking to Barry about this in the coming weeks, and I'm sure we'll have a new set of boards. It's overwhelming to everyone right about now, I'm sure! Smiley Happy

On the up side, I didn't expect this community to be so popular this quickly! It's great that we're getting to a point where we *have* to branch out!
Message 2 of 31
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Don't forget the special forum for "Politics, Religion and Sex"  Smiley Very Happy

It is always a fun one  Smiley Wink
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 3 of 31
fused
Moderator Emeritus

MidnightVoice wrote:
Don't forget the special forum for "Politics, Religion and Sex"  Smiley Very Happy

Ok, its now a three man race for most amusing poster: Midnight, Noah and TNWM!
Message 4 of 31
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Raine wrote:
Hey Fused! Barry and myself have discussed on and off new boards that could be created. It's probably pretty safe to say we'll be breaking out into more forums in the near future. Smiley Happy

I think as far as "credit repair" goes, we may have to focus on a wording change for something like that, mainly because we don't want to accidentally encourage the wrong type of credit repair discussion.

The others sound good to me, though!

I'll be talking to Barry about this in the coming weeks, and I'm sure we'll have a new set of boards. It's overwhelming to everyone right about now, I'm sure! Smiley Happy

On the up side, I didn't expect this community to be so popular this quickly! It's great that we're getting to a point where we *have* to branch out!

Splendid!  Cannot wait to see what you folks come up with.
Message 5 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wanna see a listing of the top posters so we can see who's the biggest loser.
Message 6 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

MidnightVoice wrote:

And a sure way to establish oneself as a post wh*re.

Message 7 of 31
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Noah_Bodie wrote:
I wanna see a listing of the top posters so we can see who's the biggest loser.

And how might we determine who the big loser is?
Message 8 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Let's not forget the fora for goldfish fanciers and UFOlogists, too.

The pictures I saw on YouTube were really grainy, but I KNOW that was the basement of the Fair-Isaac HQ where they took the Roswell crash survivors. I can tell because there was this barely legible sticker above a workstation that said, "going for 850!" I'm assuming the "850" wasn't referring to light-years...
Message 9 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@fused111 wrote:
I would like myfico to create more specific forums, ones that are shorter and not a 100 pages long. General Credit Questions Forum could be subdivided into one forum for each category, like this:
Credit Scoring 101
Credit Repair
Credit Cards
Mortgages/REFIs/foreclosing/HELOC
Loans (including personal, student and auto)
Collections/Charge-Offs
Bankruptcy/Tax Liens
Disputes/DV/MOV
Success Stories.
I feel this is necessary since this forum is not even four months old and we are closing in on 25 thousand posts. It's becoming difficult to sift through all this. Any forum I did not List? Anyone agree?

Great ideas...only let's call "Credit Repair" "Credit Recovery" instead.

I am planning on stickying a thread called "Postnuclear Credit" designed for people who wound up in a deep (below 500) FICO hole to post their stories and tactics.
Message 10 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.