Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Desktop mode

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Desktop mode

I have looked all over and even searches and had no luck. Can someone please let me know how to switch to desktop mode while using a phone. I’m Would pull my hair out if I had any.

Thanks
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: Desktop mode

@Anonymous wrote:
I have looked all over and even searches and had no luck. Can someone please let me know how to switch to desktop mode while using a phone. I’m Would pull my hair out if I had any.

Thanks

If you're on iOS, this should help:  https://www.imore.com/how-request-desktop-version-website-your-iphone-or-ipad 

For Android:  https://www.techbout.com/request-desktop-version-website-android-phone-17720/ 

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@uncle

i tried that and no luck. Looks identical. Not sure if it's because iOS 13 or ?  

I thought there was a tab somewhere on the forum to switch like on other forums I've been on. No worries thanks for the help though 👍🏽

Message 3 of 8
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

@uncle

i tried that and no luck. Looks identical. Not sure if it's because iOS 13 or ?  

I thought there was a tab somewhere on the forum to switch like on other forums I've been on. No worries thanks for the help though 👍🏽

Sorry I can't help with iOS (Android user here), but I do know the 'request desktop' setting you're looking for is within the mobile browser (it's not a setting here on the site). 

I'll see if perhaps @K-in-Boston or @CreditCuriosity will be able to provide some iOS 13-specific assistance. Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 8
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you both. I got it now.

I swear sometimes I think I should trade in my phone and go back to a flip phone

Thanks again guys
Message 6 of 8
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

@Anonymous ios13 has a different way of doing it. 

https://ios.gadgethacks.com/how-to/force-safari-use-desktop-view-by-default-for-specific-sites-ios-13-0198651/

Thank you, thank you, thank you @Brian_Earl_Spilner  a million times for this!

I sent @UncleB a PM this morning because I have been pulling my hair out since Sunday when I upgraded to IOS13. Thank you UncleB for providing the link.

So, I read and read, and it took me a while to still figure it out--kind of slow I guess.Smiley Embarassed So, I am putting pictures here so others can figure it out quicker than I did.

Once myFICO uploads, click AA in the top left-hand corner of the page and select Request Desktop Website. FYI: It toggles between Request Mobile Website. I uploaded wrong picture Smiley Embarassed

1.png2.png

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditInspired wrote:

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

@Anonymous ios13 has a different way of doing it. 

https://ios.gadgethacks.com/how-to/force-safari-use-desktop-view-by-default-for-specific-sites-ios-13-0198651/

Thank you, thank you, thank you @Brian_Earl_Spilner  a million times for this!

I sent @UncleB a PM this morning because I have been pulling my hair out since Sunday when I upgraded to IOS13. Thank you UncleB for providing the link.

So, I read and read, and it took me a while to still figure it out--kind of slow I guess.Smiley Embarassed So, I am putting pictures here so others can figure it out quicker than I did.

Once myFICO uploads, click AA in the top left-hand corner of the page and select Request Desktop Website. FYI: It toggles between Request Mobile Website. I uploaded wrong picture Smiley Embarassed

1.png2.png

I was going crazy myself. Ever since I signed up on here I just didn't want to ask. Finally broke down. Now after knowing its like really I couldn't figure that out smh. 

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.