Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax not updating AGAIN

tag
ylekiot1
Established Member

Equifax not updating AGAIN

Equifax stopped updating in February.  Support pulled my full credit report for free to "fix" the updating issue on 3/31 to :jump start" it (their words)  That pull updated things and my score changed.  It worked for a week.  Last update is 4/9.   No updates since then again.  This is getting very frustrating where I am about to cancel.  Anyone else have issues?  I am calling in again to see what the excuse is this time.  Update - They say it doesnt have any activity in 5 weeks and that nothing has reported in (9 active accounts that report to equifax).  I call bull on that.  On 3/31 when they pulled the report manually my score updated.  It seems to me the back end updated but not the front end dashboard where I can see it until that report was run.  Something is screwy and nobody is fessing up.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
RaiseMyScoreASAP
Regular Contributor

Re: Equifax not updating AGAIN

Of the three major credit reporting bureaus, Equifax is by far the worst. I have a Chase card that has been reporting since 2008. The card had an unauthorized charge from some foreign country. So I reported it and got a new card with a new card number. Chase stopped reporting on the old card and did not report on the new. Chase was giving all of this info to Equifax, but Equifax had a suppress code on the account. Finally, after getting the executive offices of Chase involved, Equifax finally started reporting the new card with the entire credit history, but they still kept the old account that stopped reporting. Equifax just stinks. It's not surprising that the 60 Minutes report was all about Equifax. 

Message 2 of 4
ylekiot1
Established Member

I am back.  It is July and in the same situation again.  I have equifax not updated since 5/8.  I am cancelling this service or making them charge me 2/3 of what the monthly rate is to keep me.  I  am tired of this lack of visibility into equifax.

Message 3 of 4
dt3813
Regular Contributor

I know this is an old post, but this has been happening to me too. Apparently it's all of our soft pulls. Did you ever get yours fix? I was treated rudely and told they would take the service away from me if I continued to pull too often. Mind you I PAY for daily pulls. Lol. I told her not to worry. Fix it and I'll cancel!

Discharged Ch.13 6/24/15
Scores on discharge EQ669 TU650 EX654
current scores EQ776 TU775 EX758
WF $2500 WF $3000 Discover $6000 Target $1200 Amazon $5000 Jcrew $5250 Lowes $8300 Tjmaxx $5000 Cap1 $14750 venture $25500 jetBlue $21000 pier1 $5000 Amex $10000x2 AMEX $21,000 BoA$8000 CitiDC$8000

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.