Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firefox

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Firefox

Will message editing controls ever be available in Firefox?

Smiley Very Happy Firefox >Internet Explorer
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Raine
Established Contributor

Re: Firefox

Javi,

You can edit your messages in Firefox. It's pretty much the only browser I use! Smiley Happy

Here's how you do it:

Take a look for the title of your post. In this case, it's "Firefox". On that same line all the way on the right hand side of your message you'll see a button that says "Options". Click on that. "Edit Message" or something of the sort should be the very top. After it opens up the window, everything should be like when you're typing a regular message.

If this doesn't work for you, please let me know when you respond to this thread. Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

That does work, but I meant the controls that show up right above your message when you are typing it (font size, color, smiley, insert picture, etc, etc), they are available in IE. I do know html so I can edit the message manually myself but I'm lazy. Will those controls ever be available for FF?
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wasn't even aware of color/text controls. lol. I usually type (b)text(/b) to bold ect.
Message 4 of 8
Raine
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
That does work, but I meant the controls that show up right above your message when you are typing it (font size, color, smiley, insert picture, etc, etc), they are available in IE. I do know html so I can edit the message manually myself but I'm lazy. Will those controls ever be available for FF?

Oh, I see what you mean. For those who aren't aware what's being spoken about here, it's our graphical editor, which right now is only available in IE.

I'm actually not sure if or when it will be added for FireFox. I would assume at some point it will be added, but I can't give any sort of an ETA or even a promise that it will for sure be there. We can always keep our fingers crossed, though. Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

javi84 wrote:

If I can find it, I might have a link that you can add to your toolbar that will pop up for you to post into and then copy/paste the resulting HTML into posts here - would that work for you as a workaround for now?
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Still not at the computer with the bookmark, but I was able to find it on Mozilla's site by searching under just the right terms...phew Smiley Happy

Xinha will launch a WYSIWYG in your browser - https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1449

Mimulus is another editor that works in the browser that a friend just suggested to me as well - https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/3204
Message 7 of 8
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Raine wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Oh, I see what you mean. For those who aren't aware what's being spoken about here, it's our graphical editor, which right now is only available in IE.

I'm actually not sure if or when it will be added for FireFox. I would assume at some point it will be added, but I can't give any sort of an ETA or even a promise that it will for sure be there. We can always keep our fingers crossed, though. Smiley Happy

A-HA! I am NOT blind, I am NOT (yet) insane. I have been left-clicking and right-clicking my tiny little brain out, trying to figure out where the stupid smileys live. I have FireFox, not yucky IE, and they're not there! I don't even like smileys; it just made me crazed that I couldn't find them. I'll try the link listed above.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.