Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ignore Button

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ignore Button

I know there is another thread that asked this, but the question was never really answered.  How about one of them gizmo's?  Possible or no?
I'm not against folk having their fun, I just don't want to be distracted by a popular idiot post that keeps popping to the top while I am rooting around for information and trying to share what little I know.

Van

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Re: Ignore Button

Vanyel wrote:
I know there is another thread that asked this, but the question was never really answered.  How about one of them gizmo's?  Possible or no?
I'm not against folk having their fun, I just don't want to be distracted by a popular idiot post that keeps popping to the top while I am rooting around for information and trying to share what little I know.

Van

That idea is probably my fault  Smiley Happy  I am used to different message board software.  I doubt it is possible on Lithium
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 2 of 10
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Maybe just create a silly threads forum. After it goes on long enough, whoosh! --off to silly land. Both freedom of speech and freedom of sanity win.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 3 of 10
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

Vanyel wrote:

Van

Recently there was some sort of post regarding that we currently have no OT section, and all posts had to somehow relate to credit.  It also stated that should the need for an OT section become apparent... one might be created.

If this is not the case, an 'ignore user' option would be really helpful so that we don't waste time reading multiple, continuing, ongoing, everlasting... relentless junk posts that are really used more as chat mechanisms.  After a while, it's really not funny... just very annoying and many people are irritated with how extreme it has become.  Especially since this is a moderated forum.

I don't think any of us want to kill anyone's fun or make things too serious or impersonal here at all... but we are getting irritated with the vast waste of time spent trying to make our way thru the extended nonsense.
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 4 of 10
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

SmartCookie wrote:

Recently there was some sort of post regarding that we currently have no OT section, and all posts had to somehow relate to credit.  It also stated that should the need for an OT section become apparent... one might be created.

Call it Politics, Religion and Sex  Smiley Very Happy
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 5 of 10
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

MidnightVoice wrote: Call it Politics, Religion and Sex Smiley Very Happy
Boy, THAT puppy'd fill up fast.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

MidnightVoice wrote: Call it Politics, Religion and Sex
Boy, THAT puppy'd fill up fast.

True, but that would give the kids a place to play while the adults did the serious work of cleaning up credit, and helping others with real questions and answers.

My vote would still be with the iggy button, but an off topic board would probably help as well.

Van

Message 7 of 10
Raine
Established Contributor

There is actually an ignore functionality in every person's private message box. There's a tab to add people to your ignore list. However, I believe this only works for private messages.

I will write this down as a suggestion! I'll also make a note about the Off Topic section several people have mentioned.
Message 8 of 10
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

The OT thread/ silly thread would be great. Although I'm afraid that half my posts would wind up there... Smiley Sad
Message 9 of 10
Raine
Established Contributor

LOL Hauling! It's your sense of humor that everyone loves. I don't think anyone would fault you for being off topic. Smiley Wink
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.