W261w261
Frequent Contributor

Re: Security code needed

Such a pain

Message 21 of 55
Have1
Regular Contributor

I have only logged in using my phone for the last week.  I haven't had to do the two step since I stopped logging in on my computer.

I assume that means it doesn't like it if you want to use multiple devices. 

Message 22 of 55
Save-n-Invest
Established Contributor

These endless emails are eating up cloud storage. Is this two step nonsense for a forum an ongoing plan?

Thanks

Message 23 of 55
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Save-n-Invest wrote:

These endless emails are eating up cloud storage. Is this two step nonsense for a forum an ongoing plan?

Thanks

The forum uses the main FICO SSO for authentication so the mods here have no control or input over how it works; actually we find out about changes when you do.

The folks you need to talk to are FICO customer service.  They can be reached at 1-800-319-4433 (Mon - Fri 6am to 6pm Pacific Time, Sat 7am to 4pm Pacific Time).

Message 24 of 55
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Save-n-Invest wrote:

Thanks

In addition to what was suggested upthread, what do you consider endless emails? Are you receiving >25 per day? 50+? How often are you logging into the site? daily?

Moreover, based on some recent developments, it appears the 2FA changes were implemented by FICO, not by Khoros or similar forum communities. We have no control over any FICO-driven instances of change or security policies, unfortunately.

Message 25 of 55
Save-n-Invest
Established Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@Save-n-Invest wrote:

Thanks

In addition to what was suggested upthread, what do you consider endless emails? Are you receiving >25 per day? 50+? How often are you logging into the site? daily?

Moreover, based on some recent developments, it appears the 2FA changes were implemented by FICO, not by Khoros or similar forum communities. We have no control over any FICO-driven instances of change or security policies, unfortunately.

I consider endless as a process that has no end date.

Message 26 of 55
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Save-n-Invest wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@Save-n-Invest wrote:

Thanks

I consider endless as a process that has no end date.

The only reason I asked is because system records do not show you logging in that frequently. That said, and as I reiterated upthread, if this was a cybersecurity measure that was recently implemented, it was executed by FICO, not the myFICO Forums [Khoros] platform.

Message 27 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New 2 step verification process....

Well as a follow-up on all the postings related to the subject ... found a solution for me.

Access for MyFico for me was by using FireFox Browser. Solution that works for me is using Microsoft Edge Browser (no more two-step authentication)!

Now for the rest of the story ... I have had problems with the FireFox Browser (exactly the same as for MyFico) for logging into my health insurance plan and Chase. The problems for me go back more than a year and for one Gas credit card three years (closed the card as I could not stand the verification hassle).

For those of you in the computer technology area apparently something gets stored and IDs the computer that is no longer stored (or whatever?) with the updates/grades to the FireFox Browser. Problem started back more than a year ago and it keeps getting worse.

Spent several hours trying to adjust the FireFox Browser settings and even had an opportunity to work with a Chase IT web person via telephone. They checked me out and verified the Chase System was performing correctly and I had to change something on my computer. As of now I am stumped! My Android and IPhone Mobile apps work properly! 

No idea if other browsers are affected? Want to thank Chase IT for their williness to try different options with me and test my system. While a solution did not come forth at least they tried. The Gas credit card company blew me off so I kept my cool and told them a business decision was in order "close the account" ... ! The health insurance provider just told me it was my problem and not theirs! Hmm ...guess that was the truth! Smiley Surprised

Whether any of these data points help? No idea but, I tried?! Smiley Sad  Oh, as I move forward the use of alternative Web Browsers will be on my mind. Smiley Sad

Message 28 of 55
Have1
Regular Contributor

Re: New 2 step verification process....

@Anonymous wrote:

Well as a follow-up on all the postings related to the subject ... found a solution for me.

Access for MyFico for me was by using FireFox Browser. Solution that works for me is using Microsoft Edge Browser (no more two-step authentication)!

Now for the rest of the story ... I have had problems with the FireFox Browser (exactly the same as for MyFico) for logging into my health insurance plan and Chase. The problems for me go back more than a year and for one Gas credit card three years (closed the card as I could not stand the verification hassle).

For those of you in the computer technology area apparently something gets stored and IDs the computer that is no longer stored (or whatever?) with the updates/grades to the FireFox Browser. Problem started back more than a year ago and it keeps getting worse.

Spent several hours trying to adjust the FireFox Browser settings and even had an opportunity to work with a Chase IT web person via telephone. They checked me out and verified the Chase System was performing correctly and I had to change something on my computer. As of now I am stumped! My Android and IPhone Mobile apps work properly! 

No idea if other browsers are affected? Want to thank Chase IT for their williness to try different options with me and test my system. While a solution did not come forth at least they tried. The Gas credit card company blew me off so I kept my cool and told them a business decision was in order "close the account" ... ! The health insurance provider just told me it was my problem and not theirs! Hmm ...guess that was the truth! Smiley Surprised

Whether any of these data points help? No idea but, I tried?! Smiley Sad  Oh, as I move forward the use of alternative Web Browsers will be on my mind. Smiley Sad

My theory about your issues with Firefox:

By default Firefox is becoming more privacy focused and is doing its best to make it harder for companies to track you around the web.

That means you probably would need to white list the sites that you are ok with having more access to your browser (persistent cookies,etc.).  I'm sure you can find tutorials on line to show you how to do that.  I'm on a phone so I am not in a position to do any research at the moment.

I hope this helps.

Message 29 of 55
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

What's with the 2FA???

For the past month or so MyFico has been requiring 2 factor authentication every time I log in, code sent to my email, and it's getting real old real fast. There's a check box for "remember this device" when I enter the code but it never works, the next time I log in it requires 2FA all over again. So, that results in my just browsing the forum and only logging in when I really, really want to post something.

Do you really want folks to just browse the forum without bothering to log in? I've been a member of MyFico for 8 years, but that's what your going to get from me - not bothering to log in.

Message 30 of 55
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.