Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New 2 step verification process....

tag
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: What's with the 2FA???

@DaveInAZ wrote:

For the past month or so MyFico has been requiring 2 factor authentication every time I log in, code sent to my email, and it's getting real old real fast. There's a check box for "remember this device" when I enter the code but it never works, the next time I log in it requires 2FA all over again. So, that results in my just browsing the forum and only logging in when I really, really want to post something.

Do you really want folks to just browse the forum without bothering to log in? I've been a member of MyFico for 8 years, but that's what your going to get from me - not bothering to log in.

Who are these "you who want folks to just browse the forum without bothering to log in?" 

No one here can "fix it" but customer service can if they hear enough feedback.

If your preference is to not log in, that's fine, but I don't understand hostility over 2FA. 

Annoying, sure.

Done solely to annoy anyone, nope. 

Security feature got adopted, kinks aren't quite worked out yet, you can provide them feedback via simple call. 

Message 31 of 55
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@Remedios wrote:

@DaveInAZ wrote:

For the past month or so MyFico has been requiring 2 factor authentication every time I log in, code sent to my email, and it's getting real old real fast. There's a check box for "remember this device" when I enter the code but it never works, the next time I log in it requires 2FA all over again. So, that results in my just browsing the forum and only logging in when I really, really want to post something.

Do you really want folks to just browse the forum without bothering to log in? I've been a member of MyFico for 8 years, but that's what your going to get from me - not bothering to log in.

Who are these "you who want folks to just browse the forum without bothering to log in?" 

If your preference is to not log in, that's fine, but I don't understand hostility over 2FA. 

Annoying, sure.

Security feature got adopted, kinks aren't quite worked out yet, you can provide them feedback via simple call. 

First of all, sorry you had to move this from smorgasbord, I didn't see that Technical Help forum had been added. Secondly, I had to 2FA to log in to reply to you. My "hostility over 2FA" is that I think it's ridiculous to require that for an online forum. I expect 2FA occasionally when logging in or doing something specific like adding an external ACH account on a banking site. And I appreciate 2FA then, they're protecting my personal & banking info by requiring 2FA. What does MyFico think they're protecting by requiring 2FA just to log in & post a comment????

"Who are these "you who want folks to just browse the forum without bothering to log in?"  - When it's an annoying 2FA just to log in, it's much easier to just browse the site and see if there's really something you want to reply to before bothering to log in. 

"Done solely to annoy anyone?" I'm not so sure about that. For example, is 2FA required for Mods or Community Leaders to log in?

Message 32 of 55
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@DaveInAZ wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

@DaveInAZ wrote:

Annoying, sure.

First of all, sorry you had to move this from smorgasbord, I didn't see that Technical Help forum had been added. Secondly, I had to 2FA to log in to reply to you. My "hostility over 2FA" is that I think it's ridiculous to require that for an online forum. I expect 2FA occasionally when logging in or doing something specific like adding an external ACH account on a banking site. But I belong to a number of online forums and MyFico is the only one to require it. And I think it's ridiculous to do 2FA by slow email, banking sites do it with the much faster text to my phone, which is easier to dismiss after getting the code. And maybe they should consider 2FA for new members for a certain amount of time, or members who recently had an infraction?

"Who are these "you who want folks to just browse the forum without bothering to log in?"  - When it's an annoying 2FA just to log in, it's much easier to just browse the site and see if there's really something you want to reply to before bothering to log in. 

"Done solely to annoy anyone?" I'm not so sure about that. For example, is 2FA required for Mods or Community Leaders to log in?

Yes, I don't get to ask "Do You Know Who I Am!" when logging in 

Message 33 of 55
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@DaveInAZ wrote:

Hi

Message 34 of 55
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

I'm not prompted for 2fa, but I know others are. 

PhotoGrid_Site_1646068468974.jpg

Message 35 of 55
Have1
Regular Contributor

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

We mere mortals often bear burdens which the elite eschew.

Message 36 of 55
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@simplynoir wrote:

@DaveInAZ wrote:

Hi

Confirms my belief that 2FA was poorly thought out and even more poorly implemented. If you can't trust Mods & Community Leaders, who can you trust?

And I repeat, I appreciate it when a banking site requires 2FA, makes me confident they're protecting my personal info. What does MyFico think they're protecting???

Message 37 of 55
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@DaveInAZ wrote:

@simplynoir wrote:

@DaveInAZ wrote:

Hi

Confirms my belief that 2FA was poorly thought out and even more poorly implemented. If you can't trust Mods & Community Leaders, who can you trust?

And I repeat, I appreciate it when a banking site requires 2FA, makes me confident they're protecting my personal info. What does MyFico think they're protecting???

Possibly the personal information contained on your credit report?

Remember, the forums use the same "Single Sign-on" (SSO) that's used to access any purchased credit reports you might have.

You're welcome to continue 'shouting into the wind' here, or you can call FICO customer service to see if anything can be done.

As I mentioned previously in this thread:

@UncleB wrote:

The forum uses the main FICO SSO for authentication so the mods here have no control or input over how it works; actually we find out about changes when you do.

The folks you need to talk to are FICO customer service.  They can be reached at 1-800-319-4433 (Mon - Fri 6am to 6pm Pacific Time, Sat 7am to 4pm Pacific Time).

Message 38 of 55
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@Have1 wrote:

😂 We literally go through the same thing everyone else does. No special treatment at all.

Message 39 of 55
Have1
Regular Contributor

@Have1 wrote:

😂 We literally go through the same thing everyone else does. No special treatment at all.

Sure, sure.  You're just homespun folk in tune with the hoi polloi. The titles, wigs and fancy frock coats are just the only thing your valet left where you could find them this afternoon when you arose.  The struggle is real. 👍

(You do realize that I am riffing on your selfy, right?  Man, that fluffy neck scarf has to tickle.)

Message 40 of 55
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.