800wannabe420
Regular Contributor

Re: Verification email

I've been getting them also...a PIA...

Message 11 of 55
SoCalGardener
Valued Contributor

It hasn't hit me yet (for this forum), but 2-step authentication in general annoys me to no end. The one that REALLY gets me mad is ADT!  (Mod cut - this thread is about the myFICO Forums 2FA instances, not about ADT. Please keep comments on topic!) Smiley Mad

Amazon Prime Store CardAmerican Express Blue Cash Preferred CardAmerican Express Everyday CardBank of America Customized Cash VisaCapitalOne Quicksilver MastercardCapitalOne Quicksilver VisaCapitalOne Walmart Rewards MastercardChevron Texaco CardCiti Double Cash MastercardDiscover More CardJCPenney Gold MastercardOverstock.com CardSportsmans Guide Rewards VisaSynchrony Home Card
Message 12 of 55
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: New 2 step verification process....

@Have1 wrote:

If that keeps up I may just give up on logging in anymore.  I just have a few minutes to read something and half the time is taken up with the two step tango. 

I sort of agree, but if you don't log in, things you view don't get marked as read, so even just viewing the forums would take more effort, may as well login!

What I would like, but assume is too complex, would be for additional authentication to be needed only for "write" actions, such as posting or sending a message.  (While giving kudos is also a write, not sure authentication is really needed for that!)

Message 13 of 55
W261w261
Frequent Contributor

And, just to continue **MOD CUT No Profanity per myFICO TOS**, when you go to retrieve the code, you have to scroll down and down (at least on a mobile phone) to get it. Everyone else, quite logically, puts it at the top. 

Message 14 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

@longtimelurker wrote:

[Yes, doesn't belong here but not sure where it does!]

For the past week or so, I keep getting Verification Code requests from MyFico forums when I try to login.   I haven't seen others mention this (perhaps I didn't find the right place, see above!).  Is this new, or is something strange/wrong with my account?

Well in your case I best not violate the TOS Smiley Surprised

Message 15 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

@gdale6 wrote:

2 step can be manually turned on/off by going to your member profile section

Can find nothing concerning the on/off for two step verification in the member profile section? Would turn it off in a heart beat! Smiley Surprised

Message 16 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

@gdale6    As a follow-up I went to the actual "LOGIN" for the FICO site and looked through the master profile. Found two-step verification turned off. Well it worked once and now back to the two step verification after doing all that I mentioned below! Smiley Mad

Did find the option for a Text Message for two-step verification on my master Fico profile. Did not test it.

So I went in to the same location site and changed the existing password to something new that included a: 1) capital letter, 2) small letter, 3) number and, a 4) symbol. Came back to the "Community" My Fico site and logged in using the new pass word and the two-step login verification was gone. YES!

Now for some truth ... my previous password did not meet the present day Fico Site standards (if that has anything to do with it?) for passwords.  Smiley Surprised

Contributions can be sent to ___? Smiley Happy

Message 17 of 55
W261w261
Frequent Contributor

Me too with the problem.  I signed in to Myfico.com, went to my profile, where I read that 2 step verification was turned off.  But it isn't.

Message 18 of 55
NoMoreE46
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

Security code needed

So I use three four devices to login to this site.

Despite selecting Remember Me, I am always getting the verification emails.

I was wondering if anyone else is running into this?

I am Not using a VPN.  This occurs with Windows, IOS and Android devices.

E9CB6CE6-CA7A-43E2-9609-8B516D63D58F.jpeg

Message 19 of 55
Save-n-Invest
Established Contributor

Re: Security code needed

This just happened again on an iOS device I have used since registration. It happens on my Macs, too. No idea why.

I don't visit frequently. This post is the first time I've considered participating in months. That's a story unrelated to code verification hopefully.

Message 20 of 55
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.