cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New 2 step verification process....

ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

New 2 step verification process....

In the last couple of days a new 2 step authentification process has been added to the forums. During this process there is a box to check for "remember this device" which I'm assuming is supposed to bypass the email code verification process of signing in, which it does.. but seemingly only for a few hours. (I'm not deleting cookies or using incognito mode.) Problem being that I've got MF tied to an old email that I haven't set up on my mobile devices and I end up having to use a PC to get the code. I don't always have access to this PC.

 

Can we have an option to disable 2 step or at least have the "remember this device" option last longer? Maybe allow for a text option to receive a code at the very least?

 

Thank you in advance! wave04.gif

 

 

Message 1 of 41
40 REPLIES 40
CYBERSAM
Valued Contributor

Re: New 2 step verification process....

You are correct about this site leaving cookies! However if you have updated your browser manually or automatically then it is possible your security settings have been changed. 

Seems like it erases your cookies every 24hour or end of session. 

Just check your browser settings for security and you should be able to modify it. Especially if you are using Firefox. 

 

I visit this site from 3 separate devices with no extra authentication required. 




Message 2 of 41
gdale6
Moderator

Re: New 2 step verification process....

2 step can be manually turned on/off by going to your member profile section

Message 3 of 41
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

Re: New 2 step verification process....


@gdale6 wrote:

2 step can be manually turned on/off by going to your member profile section


@gdale6For the life of me, I can't find it. I've gone through every tab under profile and settings....

 

Can you drop a web page link please?

Message 4 of 41
gdale6
Moderator

Re: New 2 step verification process....


@ChargedUp wrote:

@gdale6 wrote:

2 step can be manually turned on/off by going to your member profile section


@gdale6For the life of me, I can't find it. I've gone through every tab under profile and settings....

 

Can you drop a web page link please?


Since the link is only good for me here is what to do. You have to go to the other side of Fair Isaac where you normally would get your Fico scores so click on the myfico logo on the upper left of the page this gets you to the other side, may have to log in there then once logged in click on the upper right where your name is and select profile, then go to the bottom and that is where its at; (in login & security section)

Message 5 of 41
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

Re: New 2 step verification process....


@gdale6 wrote:

@ChargedUp wrote:

@gdale6 wrote:

2 step can be manually turned on/off by going to your member profile section


@gdale6For the life of me, I can't find it. I've gone through every tab under profile and settings....

 

Can you drop a web page link please?


Since the link is only good for me here is what to do. You have to go to the other side of Fair Isaac where you normally would get your Fico scores so click on the myfico logo on the upper left of the page this gets you to the other side, may have to log in there then once logged in click on the upper right where your name is and select profile, then go to the bottom and that is where its at; (in login & security section)


@gdale6ok, I found what you're talking about.... Now I'm more confused as it says it's turned off, but I had to get a code to get there in the first place confused.gif

 

2 step MF.png

 

@CYBERSAM, I don't have any settings on my browser that would be clearing cookies off that quickly. Using Firefox for Android.

Message 6 of 41
FinStar
Moderator

Re: New 2 step verification process....

If the above suggested options do not remedy the 2FA instances, my suggestion would be to sync up or update the email address to where you can receive the code/alerts to your mobile device. I'm not aware of any options that can extend the device authentication timeframe, though. We can check to determine if there may be other viable workarounds. Have you tried accessing mFF through any other browsers such as Edge, Chrome or Safari, for example?

 

Unfortunately, due to privacy and security reasons, the text option is not available on the myFICO Forums side.

Message 7 of 41
Have1
Regular Contributor

Re: New 2 step verification process....

The new two step login is highly annoying and this morning I am getting it every time I switch devices to look at the forum even though I checked the remember this device option.

 

If that keeps up I may just give up on logging in anymore.  I just have a few minutes to read something and half the time is taken up with the two step tango. It seems excessive for forum access to be honest. I get it for access to the service side, but not for a forum. 

Message 8 of 41
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Verification email

[Yes, doesn't belong here but not sure where it does!]

For the past week or so, I keep getting Verification Code requests from MyFico forums when I try to login.   I haven't seen others mention this (perhaps I didn't find the right place, see above!).  Is this new, or is something strange/wrong with my account?

Message 9 of 41
FormerCollegeDJ
Frequent Contributor

Re: Verification email

I've also been getting those emails and have required verification to log in.

Playing the credit card rewards game since early May 2020.

Current credit cards:
American Express: Hilton Honors
Bank of America: Amtrak Guest Rewards Platinum MC, AAA Member Rewards Visa
Capital One: SavorOne MC
Chase: Amazon Visa, Freedom Unlimited Visa, Freedom Flex MC
Citi: Sears/ThankYou Rewards MC, My Best Buy Visa, Custom Cash MC
Discover: Cash It
PSECU: Founder's Visa
Wells Fargo: Propel Amex
Store cards: Kohl's

Next target credit cards: US Bank Cash+ Visa, Elan Financial Services Max Cash Preferred (S&T Bank Visa version), Barclays Wyndham Rewards Earner Visa
Message 10 of 41
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.