Possibilities for Front Page

If Lithium does it...

Who is on line

Who has visited today

Top 10 posters

10 most recent active threads

And possibly a direct link to the most useful threads - CS 101 etc

A clock and/or calendar

All of this is quite easy in vBull, but I have no idea about Lithium  Smiley Very Happy
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Possibilities for Front Page

And here I thought Lithium used to be the standard treatment for those with bipolar disorder!Smiley Tongue 

Message Edited by fused111 on 07-10-2007 09:42 AM
Message 2 of 14
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

And, in the user profile, and as an adjunct to "Find all posts by this user", how about "Find all threads started by this user".

Another one that is simple in vBull   Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

So what you're saying is MyFico should change to vBull then ... Smiley Happy

Actually, I wouldn't mind seeing a change - I use Firefox most of the time and Lithium does not seem to be very FF-friendly. Most other boards are no problem.
Message 4 of 14
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Revike wrote:
So what you're saying is MyFico should change to vBull then ... Smiley Happy

Actually, I wouldn't mind seeing a change - I use Firefox most of the time and Lithium does not seem to be very FF-friendly. Most other boards are no problem.

Not really - it is just that I know what vBull can do.  Lithium provides a business orientated board rather and private type of board.  Different functions.
Message 5 of 14
Raine
Established Contributor

For the time being "Who's Online" is not going to be enabled. It is something we can enable, but it will have to wait until a later date.

Who has visited today isn't one of the things we currently have the ability to display, but that doesn't mean it won't happen in the future. I have a feeling it would be a HUGE group of people. We get a lot of hits every single day!

Top 10 posters is something I could do manually about once a week or so, but we'd have to organize exactly where we'd place it. I'll talk to Barry about this and see if it's something he'd like me to update regularly.

10 most recent active threads - Currently the closest thing we have to that is the "new threads" page. It can be found at http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/newthreads. It lists threads based on the time they were created, though, not by last post. That's really a good idea, though. I'll make note of it.

A link to the most useful threads could be a very good idea! I'll chat with Barry about this as well.

The clock/calendar is not currently something we have either, but I figure most everyone has one on their operating system.

For the "Find all threads started by this user" that's a really good one. That is not something we currently have, but it could be a nice tool for the future!

I noticed something about the boards not being all that FF friendly as well. Currently the graphical editor does not work with FF, but that will most likely change in the future. I actually only use FF when browsing the forums and run in to very few problems. I'm sure future releases will make things in FF run more smoothly for everyone.

Message Edited by Raine on 07-12-2007 05:21 PM
Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Due to treatment I have received I am requesting only who is online now and their email addresses. I'm being sarcastic. The way these people act you shouldn't HELP them. They have no good intentions in mind. Same people that had nasty things to say or were the egging others on.

***Other community member's login name removed by Admin***

Message Edited by posterbob on 07-14-2007 06:10 PM

Message Edited by Barry on 07-15-2007 12:56 PM
Message 7 of 14
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Yawn
Message 8 of 14
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

***Other community member's login name removed by Admin***

I am the Board's official trouble maker.  Smiley Very Happy  I choose freedom and banning over being co-opted to serve The Man.

Smiley Wink

Message Edited by Barry on 07-15-2007 12:58 PM
Message 9 of 14
Barry
Administrator Emeritus

Everyone --

Please remember to be friendly and supportive!

Barry
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.