Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ability to delete.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

The ability to delete.

Relating to this forum. I've sometimes answer thread questions twice. Is there any way to delete posts? Smiley Happy
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Raine
Established Contributor

Re: The ability to delete.

Ilovepizza,

As long as nobody has responded to your post, you do have the ability to delete it. Here's how you do it:

Find the post you want to delete. On the right hand side of the post, you'll see an "Options" button. Click the button, and scroll down to "Delete Message". I believe it's the second from the top.

Again, this only works if the post hasn't been responded to, so of course you couldn't do it with your first post in this thread.

If you have other messages you'd like deleted, like duplicates, and it has been responded to, feel free to use that same Options button and scroll down to "Report abuse to moderator". In the text box that pops up, just leave a brief description as to why you're reporting it, and I'll take care of the post or thread.

I hope that helps!

-- Raine
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Test to delete. Smiley Happy

Maybe because I am using Fire Fox too.
I only see Edit, Mark as new, Add to Fav, Add to Sub, Highlight, Print, Email, Report.

I don't see delete. Would it be in IE browser?

Message Edited by ilovepizza on 08-27-2007 11:33 PM

I just changed browsers to IE7. I still don't see a delete option but I have lots of new Smiley TongueSmiley SurprisedSmiley Very Happy faces.

Message Edited by ilovepizza on 08-27-2007 11:37 PM
Message 3 of 7
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Options > Delete Message
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Tuscani wrote:
Options > Delete Message

Maybe only available to Mods? I don't have a delete option. Smiley Sad
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tuscani wrote:
Options > Delete Message

It's not on my options drop down either... Smiley Sad

Rob
Message 6 of 7
Raine
Established Contributor

You may want to test it again, guys. If someone has responded to your post, it is impossible to delete, which may be why some of you were unable to delete your posts. If someone hits reply to your post, that option will disappear for you.

I've checked permissions for you guys, and I know it's available to all of you on your own posts. It looks as though haulingthescoreup got it! Smiley Happy

I always use FireFox, and I assure you the options are exactly the same in both browsers. The only things missing from FireFox are the graphical editor and spell check.

I've used Fico_Fused as an example here. The post I am showing in an image is one that had not been replied to at the time I captured it.

It's in the exact same Options list as edit.

Message Edited by Raine on 09-23-2007 12:51 AM
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.